Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Tuesday_Next

Familiar Face
two places, first the song "girl anachronism" just because that song is awesome. I guess that song made me love the word.

second, I had a friend that day that kept saying I was an anachronism. =]
It would be so much cooler if my first name were "Ana" though
then I could have a silly scene name like "ANAchronism" or just "Ana Anachronism"

Haha! My name is ANA but it rhymes with Lana so, for me, it wouldn't work. (For the record, this is the only crowd I could ever use the "Lana" reference for pronunciation because no one else knows who Lana Turner is!)

As for my screen name, I love Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series and I always think Tuesday Next sounds like a spunky beat reporter from the 40s, don't you?

McVolke

New in Town
My last name is McCloud. Cloud in german is Volke. A couple of my german friends love my last name because of the Highlandter movie and so now I am sometimes McVolke.

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
“Auld “is Old Scots for old, and “Edwardian” refers to the area between 1901 to 1910 when King Edward VII of England reigned, from which the area is named. All my family comes from the UK, with strong Scots and Celtic roots. I like the clothes from this area, and the more genteel and polite manners of the Edwardian area. It was before the two world wars and life centered more around home, hearth, and Kirk. Life was slower, and people were less cynical. I tell my friends “I consider myself a displaced Edwardian.”

Last edited:

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
My user name means just what it says. What gentleman here wouldn't want to be swank?

I just joined recently, and what I like about the Golden Age is the style. Standards of dress were high and it seems that everyone back then knew how to dress appropriately for an important occasion. I look back at photos of my Grandfather and my Dad, and even though of modest means they sure looked sharp on Sunday.
I like and have owned old cars from the 60's and 50's but hope to move to the 40's models next.

Kabel

Familiar Face
Kabel is my favorite typeface. It was designed in 1927. I'm a really big fan of Art Deco and Streamline moderne design. The underscore g I am especially in love with. It has a good shape to it.

So that's where my username comes from.

Renault

One Too Many
I was introduced by our unit Sergeant at a WWII reenactment staff & officers meeting, (Free French Legion unit, 13eme DBLE) as the brother of the "former" prefect of police in Casablanca. The name stuck......

Lt. Renault

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Agreed Rue :eusa_clap
My name is my name. I'm going to see if I can change that on here, but I doubt it.
I couldn't get the dern log in to work when I joined, so I used facebook to do so.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
TCMfan25.
I love Turner Classic Movies, pretty much the only channel I watch besides History, Military, and HBO.
25... because TCMfan was taken :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24