Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

"The Warlord of The Weejuns" was the title of liner notes for a Miles Davis album written by Esquire fashion writer George Frazier. I liked the title and the essay. I like weejuns also and just the thought of those shoes in the context of a warlord was just too much. Try to visualize that as a fashion image! And last, but not least I am a huge Miles Davis fan.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
During a long summer break while I was in college (a very long time ago now), I got a job tending bar in a pub in London. One of the regulars asked where I was from. I told him and he promptly christened me "The Reno Kid." It caught on and stuck for the remainder of my tenure behind the bar.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
'The Rocketeer' Just one of my favourite action films with the gorgeous Jennifer Connelly. Staring who else?........Now......let me think?

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Wanted a vintage-sounding girl's name, which my real name is not, and violas are pretty flowers (violets and pansies and johnny-jump-ups).

Yes Violets and Violas are pretty flowers as well as nice names, my mother is a Violet, pansies can be stunning too and such large flowers, but what is a Johnny-Jump-up?

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
My username came from a geocaching forum and has remained with me through all others in which I've participated. At the time I created it, a big focus on the forum was to log as many caches as possible. As a newbie, my numbers were well below most other members. The pun was too much to resist, so Strapped-4-Cache was created.

CataWhatas

New in Town
We have 3 Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs - Catahoulas for short - and an honorary Catahoula (his Momma was an honorable Nanny Dog from Hurricane Katrina, his Daddy is unknown - since he came from Louisiana, he's a Catahoula at heart). People always respond "Cata whata?" So oldest son started calling them Catawhatas and it stuck.

gear-guy

Practically Family
I am a man who loves to be in the outdoors. Camp, hike ,canoe,ect. So the name gearguy seemed to fit. 55 is the year I was born which if your math is correct that makes me 35. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ