Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

cavvyinky01

New in Town
last Saturday night, Austin acl moody theatre. Alejandro Escavado and a big cast doing his man under the influence album. 2nd set was a very moving tribute to all lost to cancer.
3rd row seats and again crappy phone camera. Do have 1 decent video if we can post them.
140677c68a316be8593d4aad69719e17.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
I recently saw the Elvis Birthday Tribute Artist Spectacular http://www.elvisbirthdaytribute.com/ this was my second time seeing these guys. Only this time around Dean Z was added to the cast for a short time. I've seen Dean Z preform as Elvis in the popular Elvis Lives concert tour over the years. And it was a real treat to see him and the other guys come together and preform Elvis' music. The cool thing about this show is the guys (known as ETAs) don't just sing the hit Elvis songs. They also sing some Elvis songs that are not normally heard on main stream radio. And makes going to this Elvis tribute show much more fun and interesting to watch. And after words the guys do a meet and greet too. Plus some of the guys have their own merch and CDs they have put out that one can not get on some of these guys websites unless one goes to the shows. Dean Z has his latest CD out and its all gospel songs that Elvis has sung here is the link from Dean Z's website music page https://www.deanz.com/music-page My favorite songs are Let Us Pray and Miracle Of The Rosary. Since January is Elvis' birthday month I've been listening to this album every day for the month of January, its that good!

And just last weekend I saw the Four C Notes. https://www.thefourcnotes.com/the-four-c-notes-video
Pioneered and headlined by John Michael Coppola, best known for his appearance in Chicago’s long running production of the Broadway, smash hit JERSEY BOYS, THE FOUR C NOTES are the Midwest’s ONLY tribute dedicated to recreating
the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons!

These guys are really good. They are so good that I can close my eyes and hear the real Four Seasons and Frankie.

Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The always astounding Richard Thompson, playing solo acoustic at the Emelin Theater in Mamaroneck, NY. A two-hour show with no break, standing up banging the hell out of his guitar, displaying remarkable stamina for a guy pushing 70. And what a wide range of songs/styles and virtuoso playing and singing, with not a single wrong note anywhere. I've seen him live around a dozen times now and he never disappoints!

RichardThompson.jpg

cavvyinky01

New in Town
been kinda quiet for us. Saw Bruce Robison and John Baumann Saturday night for the next waltz. very enjoyable evening with 2 fine songwriters.
This afternoon we went to the red poppy festival in Georgetown tx and saw a band called Them Duqaines.
they had em dancing up a storm
8a5724e262ae245426e4bc23bd64e4f0.jpg
0bb1b5dcb122fec7a7e4f32c8848bfe2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I really love live music. Sadly, haven't seen a concert in about 3 years. I have tinnitus, and I just can't deal with the aftermath of whistling and humming several days later [emoji35]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ