1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Who Did You Just See Live?

Discussion in 'Radio' started by Chas, Jul 1, 2009.

1. I would love to see Cracker live, never had the chance. Johnny Hickman does a side project with Jim Dalton from The Railbenders called "Hickman-Dalton Gang", where they do mostly country stuff, but I enjoy immensely. They do a country version of "Crazy Train" that brings down the house.

Touchofevil likes this.
  2. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

Still can't post pics but we had a fun weekend. Thursday night at the Shady Grove was Bob Schneider solo. Quite good. Friday Lyle Lovett and the Large Band were back at Moody/ACL theatre. 4th row center section this time right in front of him. Awesome show and band, played almost 3 hours this time. Great show!!

Bamaboots, Touchofevil and BobHufford like this.
  3. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

Think I got a pic posted. imagejpeg_0.jpg

Bamaboots and Touchofevil like this.
  4. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

A couple of weeks back, Craig Ferguson in Napa.
    :D

5. My daughter performing with the award winning Springfield Metro Chorus. She joined this past year after a nearly 15-year hiatus from singing in public. They were performing two acts (the first as medical personnel and the second as pirates). The venue was the Fox Theatre (1916) in downtown Springfield, Missouri. It closed in 1982, did a brief stint as a church and was recently purchased by the Springfield History Museum and reopened.

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_1.png

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_2.png

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_3.png

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_4.png

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_5.png

6. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

Saw Roger Creager Band again in Belton, Tx for a fundraiser for troops from nearby Ft. Hood. They were excellent as always! Past Saturday saw an Austin "soul" band Tomar and the FCs at the Globe Theatre in Bertram. They were great and a bunch of really good guys. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them. Chuck

BobHufford likes this.
  7. carouselvic

carouselvic My Mail is Forwarded Here

Emmylou Harris...Billy Strings....Molly Tuttle...Balsam Range

BobHufford and Bamaboots like this.
  8. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Simple Minds in London, Ontario, September 29th. They hadn't played there since 1982! Jim and Charlie looking fairly well, time considering, and man did they play! Great band too, Mel Gaynor was missed on drums but boy oh boy is their current skins basher awesome!

Bamaboots and BobHufford like this.
  9. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

10. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

Tower of Power 10/24 in Austin. Still great after 50 years! try to post a pic from my phone later.

Bamaboots and BobHufford like this.
  11. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

We just hosted the best concert we've had all year, featuring the brilliant young pianist/singer/all-around-entertainer Nellie McKay. If you're a fan of the music of the Era and you don't know her, you need to remedy that -- she can perform a classic Tin Pan Alley ballad on a par with Helen Ward, Helen Forrest, or any other Helen you want to name, and she's got a really powerful grasp of jazz piano that's like a cross between Jess Stacy and Johnny Costa. And, coming from a background in standup comedy, she's also drop-dead funny, doing original material that crosses a broad range of musical genres. She's self aware without smirky-irony, and she's also a lot of fun to just hang out with in the lobby after the show. Tell her Lizzie from the Strand sent you.

Bamaboots likes this.
  12. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

We just bought four tickets to see Bryan Adams in London, Ontario in January. It will be our first family rock concert!

UnclePete likes this.
  13. carouselvic

Hot Rize / Red Knuckles and the Trailblazers

Bamaboots, Desert dog and BobHufford like this.
  14. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

20181130_201557.jpg Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis Christmas show last nite in bertram TX. Great way to end the month.

15. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Took my granddaughter to see the Noelles, last night. They sing Christmas music in a 60s soul style. Really great show[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cavvyinky, BobHufford and Bamaboots like this.
  16. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

Turnpike troubadours last nite at ACL in Austin.
    They seemed to be joyfull to be back on stage.
    When Evan introduced the band they were all from norman, Oklahoma. Pretty funny,as in seen any good football games today! 20181201_215415.jpg

Bamaboots, Desert dog and BobHufford like this.
  17. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

David Koz & Friends for a jazz/rock Christmas concert at the Chicago Theater! Had an absolute blast!
    [​IMG]

18. carouselvic

Judy Collins

Bamaboots and Desert dog like this.
  19. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

20181218_215714.jpg Steve Earle and the Dukes at Paramount last night. 30th anniversary copperhead road tour.
    Another great show

Desert dog, Bamaboots and BobHufford like this.
  20. Luke Bryan played our company Christmas luncheon on Thursday. I work for the company that bought the company on his hat.

[​IMG]

Desert dog, Bamaboots and cavvyinky like this.