Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

I would really like to see Cracker play live. They will be near enough pretty soon, but we have tickets to see Craig Ferguson that night. Oh well, they come around decently often as of late.
:D

I would love to see Cracker live, never had the chance. Johnny Hickman does a side project with Jim Dalton from The Railbenders called "Hickman-Dalton Gang", where they do mostly country stuff, but I enjoy immensely. They do a country version of "Crazy Train" that brings down the house.

cavvyinky

New in Town
Still can't post pics but we had a fun weekend. Thursday night at the Shady Grove was Bob Schneider solo. Quite good. Friday Lyle Lovett and the Large Band were back at Moody/ACL theatre. 4th row center section this time right in front of him. Awesome show and band, played almost 3 hours this time. Great show!!

cavvyinky

New in Town
Think I got a pic posted.
imagejpeg_0.jpg

My daughter performing with the award winning Springfield Metro Chorus. She joined this past year after a nearly 15-year hiatus from singing in public. They were performing two acts (the first as medical personnel and the second as pirates). The venue was the Fox Theatre (1916) in downtown Springfield, Missouri. It closed in 1982, did a brief stint as a church and was recently purchased by the Springfield History Museum and reopened.

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_1.png

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_2.png

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_3.png

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_4.png

Sierra_Metro_Chorus_5.png

cavvyinky

New in Town
Saw Roger Creager Band again in Belton, Tx for a fundraiser for troops from nearby Ft. Hood. They were excellent as always! Past Saturday saw an Austin "soul" band Tomar and the FCs at the Globe Theatre in Bertram. They were great and a bunch of really good guys. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them. Chuck

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Simple Minds in London, Ontario, September 29th. They hadn't played there since 1982! Jim and Charlie looking fairly well, time considering, and man did they play! Great band too, Mel Gaynor was missed on drums but boy oh boy is their current skins basher awesome!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We just hosted the best concert we've had all year, featuring the brilliant young pianist/singer/all-around-entertainer Nellie McKay. If you're a fan of the music of the Era and you don't know her, you need to remedy that -- she can perform a classic Tin Pan Alley ballad on a par with Helen Ward, Helen Forrest, or any other Helen you want to name, and she's got a really powerful grasp of jazz piano that's like a cross between Jess Stacy and Johnny Costa. And, coming from a background in standup comedy, she's also drop-dead funny, doing original material that crosses a broad range of musical genres. She's self aware without smirky-irony, and she's also a lot of fun to just hang out with in the lobby after the show. Tell her Lizzie from the Strand sent you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner