1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Who Did You Just See Live?

Discussion in 'Radio' started by Chas, Jul 1, 2009.

1. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

Pretty cool party Bob. I actually don't hate lukes music. No pictures were allowed but we saw Michael Martin Murphy's cowboy Christmas ball last nite at the paramount. Wonderful show full of stories and dancing. They did play wildfire near the end. It was like being in a time machine for 3 hours. Very sweet

2. William G.

William G. One of the Regulars

The week before Christmas I saw the University of Kentucky Jazz Ensemble perform just a few miles north of where I live. It was technically a practice set for a performance they were doing in Chicago, but it was awesome nonetheless.

Also, it made me realize how much I want to move to a city that has a vibrant jazz and orchestra scene.

3. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

One of my favorites! I missed him when he was around here the last time, playing with Dwight Yoakum and Lucinda Williams. I bet it was a great show.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Touchofevil likes this.
  4. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Another ZZ Top show in Las Vegas, this past weekend. They never disappoint![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

We saw Delbert McClinton again at the Paramount Saturday. Great as usual,got one decent pic if I can get it to load.

Bamaboots, Desert dog and BobHufford like this.
  6. carouselvic

carouselvic My Mail is Forwarded Here

Steve Earl

7. The Creek Rocks.

8. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

January 31st, in London, Ontario, we saw Bryan Adams. Our second time seeing him live, the first in Victoria, British Columbia back in 2006 our first. Our eldest daughter was also "there", in utero, so this was her second time technically, our youngest's first time!

Someone else posted this clip to youtube of the concert, Heaven:

Vera Godfrey likes this.
  9. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

And last night, still "feeling it", we saw Canadian rockers The Trews, our fourth time seeing them live, third as the headliner.

These dudes, originally from Antigonish, Nova Scotia, can really put on a show (clip from a concert in my old hometown a couple of summers back):

10. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

big jive.jpg
    Yesterday we went to the first big gig of the season, some great acts, The JIve Aces were particularly in fine form. The headline act was Si Cranstoun, I remember seeing him about five years ago, and then we saw him again five more times that year. Since then he's been on the cusp of international stardom but the big break hasn't materialised. Shame really, he deserves the recognition. It was some day.

Touchofevil and BobHufford like this.
  11. carouselvic

The Brother Brothers
    Ellis Paul

Bamaboots likes this.
  12. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

The David Bromberg Quintet, last night at the intimate, vintage-1902 Irvington Town Hall Theater. (This was essentially a hometown show, he grew up next door in adjacent Tarrytown, NY.) He was great... just as he's been every time I've seen him play since 1974.

They blew the roof off the place with blazing electric blues, played jaw-dropping acoustic tunes and bluegrass, stepped in front of the mics and just used the room acoustics at one point, played old favorites like "The Holdup" and "Summer Wages", and a variety of interesting cover tunes. The show came to a moving conclusion with his beautiful "Kaatskill Serenade" - a first person lament by Rip Van Winkle... a statue of whom is right outside the building: the town is named for its most famous resident, author Washington Irving:

Now in his seventies, Bromberg's instrumental and vocal skills are undiminished, and the guys in the Quintet - if not exactly his famous Big Band - are excellent. Definitely recommended if they come through your neck of the woods!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Bamaboots, BobHufford and carouselvic like this.
  13. carouselvic

The Gibson Brothers

Bamaboots and BobHufford like this.
  14. carouselvic

Leo Kottke

Rodney Crowell

Bamaboots and BobHufford like this.
  15. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

20190517_222834.jpg 20190517_222834.jpg Saw Dwight at whitewater back in may. Another fine show.

Bamaboots, Touchofevil and BobHufford like this.
  16. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

Sorry for double pics. I have a lot of problems getting pics on here. Saw Roger Creager and the guys June 7, always fun!
    Didn't take any photos!

BobHufford likes this.
  17. cavvyinky

cavvyinky New in Town

June 14 Randy Rogers band in Salado. Always good live band.

Attached Files:

BobHufford likes this.
  18. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach's Cello Concerto in Millennium Park:
    [​IMG]