Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WHO made Johnny Depps hats for Public Enemies

Neil

A-List Customer
From Optimo

As I understand it, those hats are all made by Graham Thompson, and he'll be offering them in the fall, but with a really steep price tag. Six hundred, or so I hear.

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Yeah I also hear that it was optimo doing the hats for that flick..
www.optimohats.com
I remember hearing last year that Depp gave his away to a kid that visited the set. He apparently asked for it, Depp said sure and sent it too him when the shoot was over. Nice little keepsake!

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Public-Enemies-2009-upcoming-movies-4781938-775-518.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Neil said:
As I understand it, those hats are all made by Graham Thompson, and he'll be offering them in the fall, but with a really steep price tag. Six hundred, or so I hear.

Isn't that just $50 over the going rate? With all of Graham's success, I wouldn't be surprised to see another price hike on all of his hats.

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
Watching the trailer, it's a pity that the historical accuracy with costumes didn't filter through to all the cars they used - I can spot a couple of 1935 and 1936 models in there. That grates a bit for me but I suppose I'm just what's called an "Anorak" in the United Kingdom. :) :) :)
OT as well, I know, but I do hope there's a 1934 Hudson in the movie. It was, apparently Dillinger's favourite car - and I've got one too !

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Getting...

Old Fogey UK said:
Watching the trailer, it's a pity that the historical accuracy with costumes didn't filter through to all the cars they used - I can spot a couple of 1935 and 1936 models in there. That grates a bit for me but I suppose I'm just what's called an "Anorak" in the United Kingdom. :) :) :)
OT as well, I know, but I do hope there's a 1934 Hudson in the movie. It was, apparently Dillinger's favourite car - and I've got one too !

...the costumes right is easier and cheaper than getting the cars right.

Folks are also less apt to notice the gaffe.

BTW. All we need now is a Young Fogey.

I like the hats, and I'm sure I'll see the film.

Someone commented earlier that there are a lot of golden era movies coming out.

barrowjh

One Too Many
My better half and I went to the 4:00 matinee here in Maryville, and the movie was well done. Plenty of hats, but don't expect to see Johnny wearing a hat most of the time. Wore my best hat; my VS panama:
051009006.jpg

Plenty of nice hats, and a lot of straws at the race track scene (appropriately). Period clothing is nice also, but I am not much of an expert on that part. Johnny dies wearing a boater.

disgraceful me, wore shorts and running shoes with my nice hat (even without the hat, was still likely the best dressed man in the theater!). I did have a collared polo-type shirt (tucked in) and had socks on; not a total slob. If you add up all the clothes I was wearing and multiply it a few times, might equal the value of the hat!

Doublegun

Practically Family
Saw it this evening with my daughter - we loved it. Beautiful cinimatography(sp). The cloths, cars, hats, guns... so rich. I was so looking forward to the movie that I was afraid it would not live up to my expectations but I did not leave the theater disappointed.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Doublegun said:
Saw it this evening with my daughter - we loved it. Beautiful cinimatography(sp). The cloths, cars, hats, guns... so rich. I was so looking forward to the movie that I was afraid it would not live up to my expectations but I did not leave the theater disappointed.

How adult orientated is this flick?[huh]

Doublegun

Practically Family
handlebar bart said:
How adult orientated is this flick?[huh]
Great question. I was a little concerned about it and we agreed that if I said "close your eyes" she would. There is one "sex scene" with Johnny and Billy but they are clothed and it is nothing graphic. The violence, and there is plenty of that, is handled well - nothing extrordinary or overly graphic. My daughter is 15 and has probably seen worse on regular TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy