Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women with Muscles

koopkooper

Practically Family
Interesting trend which has developed of late ...muscular women.
I was talking to a girl the other day who had the biggest biceps and shoulders I have ever seen. She reminded me of Madonna.
I wonder of guys find these women attractive, personally I don't as I like feminine women, not women who look like men.
I think it's sad that some women think that looking like a man is a good thing.
Woman is the most wonderful thing God created. Why do you want to be like men....I just don't understand it.

Lion

New in Town
It depends. Some women look good with some muscle. Just like some women look better with some padding and others look better thin. Body building women are diferent. Don't like them. But then, I don't think most male body builders look all that great either. Body building has gotten way out of hand. Its not about being strong, fit or healthy. Its all about being cut and pumped up like an over-inflated tire. No matter what the cost might be to your mental, physical or emotional health.

Leo

Section10

One of the Regulars
Lion said:
It depends. Some women look good with some muscle. Just like some women look better with some padding and others look better thin. Body building women are diferent. Don't like them. But then, I don't think most male body builders look all that great either. Body building has gotten way out of hand. Its not about being strong, fit or healthy. Its all about being cut and pumped up like an over-inflated tire. No matter what the cost might be to your mental, physical or emotional health.

I agree. Some people don't know when to stop. To take any good thing too far is to defeat its purpose and wind up with an absurdity that is no better and often worse than what was started with.

Marty M.

Vendor
And God created women. Thank you God!

Ah the art of the women. I think that all women are great if they're confortable in their own skin. I think a self confident women can pull off any size she wants to. I've met Barbie's that Didn't do it for me. And, I've met plus size women that were so secure with their size that they were hot. Women with muscles dont bother me as long as I like what I see underneeth the exterior. As far as the perfect women for me, I married her 22years ago.

Marty

android

One of the Regulars
A personal trainer was handing out flyers at the gym. She asked me what kind of physique I would like.

I was thinking to myself, well, just like yours only not so masculine!

I shrugged her off though and didn't say it.

Steve

Practically Family
Chiseld "womyn" are not attractive by any stretch of the imagination; or at least, my imagination. Athletic? Sure. But rippling with every step is something that's hard to stomach.

Feraud

Bartender
I do not like women with broader shoulders than me! ;) Healthy looking women are fine but people (women and men) who take it to the extreme are..disturbing.

I think Madonna is gross looking and wish she would stop peddling her line of new age b.s by saying yoga gave her that body. I know people who do yoga. They are not 'ripped' with 'barnyard wide' shoulders!

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Marty M. said:
Ah the art of the women. I think that all women are great if they're confortable in their own skin. I think a self confident women can pull off any size she wants to. I've met Barbie's that Didn't do it for me. And, I've met plus size women that were so secure with their size that they were hot. Women with muscles dont bother me as long as I like what I see underneeth the exterior.

Marty

Exactly.:clap

shamus

Suspended
I've always had three rules when it comes to women...

They can't be taller than me...
They can't weigh more than me...
and they can't have more body hair than me...

MissQueenie

Practically Family
A little grace, fellas, please.

Okay boys.

I will start this with the disclaimer that I am a woman with a muscular build and broad shoulders. ;)

First, some women can't exactly help the way they're built, just the way some men can't help being weedy, or short, or stocky, etc. Our bodies have a genetic tendency to look a certain way, and I for one appreciate the variety. I know I'm never going to be tall and willowy, or voluptuous. I stopped comparing myself to thinner, bustier, blonder, etc women in high school.

Secondly, Yes, it does get taken too far. Trust me, I see it three times a week at my fitness club. These women are frequently very insecure about their shapes, and specifically about their weight. They've taken their desire to fit a (modern) masculine ideal of feminine beauty too far, and they look unhealthy or over-built. I do think that scorning these women for trying too hard is just as narrow minded as judging those who do not try hard enough.

Of course, we are all entitled to our own aesthetic preferences!

Feraud

Bartender
MissQueenie said:
Okay boys.

I will start this with the disclaimer that I am a woman with a muscular build and broad shoulders. ;)

First, some women can't exactly help the way they're built, just the way some men can't help being weedy, or short, or stocky, etc. Our bodies have a genetic tendency to look a certain way, and I for one appreciate the variety.
No offence intended here to the ladies that have a natural physique, no matter the shape! There is nothing wrong with going to the gym for exercise.
My comments are intended towards the un-natuarally broad shouldered, rounded bicep, bulging veined types! If you have ever seen those ladies with the pecs and 5 o'clock shadow, you know exactly the type I mean! :)

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Feraud said:
No offence intended here to the ladies that have a natural physique, no matter the shape! There is nothing wrong with going to the gym for exercise.
My comments are intended towards the un-natuarally broad shouldered, rounded bicep, bulging veined types! If you have ever seen those ladies with the pecs and 5 o'clock shadow, you know exactly the type I mean! :)

Oh, in THAT case :p

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I don't like body-builder's physiques for men or women. I prefer Clint Eastwood's body type to Schwarzenegger's type (that should start rumours).
I think we can agree that paulette Goddard was alovely woman. In the "Sweater, Sarong and Peek-a-boo Bang" number in "Star Spangled Rhythm" you can see that she has a stomach that we presume only modern stars have.

While I'm at it, what bothers me is actresses with a fine shapes become famous they all seem to try to look too thin and wiry. The newest being Lyndsey Lohan, before her were the actresses on "Friends".

The Wolf

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
My aesthetic is almost exactly the same for men and women. I like a slim, toned physique. I love to see muscles on men and women. I don't want them bulging cause I like a slim silhouette, but I want to see them. I guess that's really more a matter of low body fat than muscle size. (Though it shouldn't be low enough that you can see the muslce fibers. That's not so pretty.)

Of course... it really does depend on the individual and his/her body type. I know some larger girls who really wear their weight well. They exercise and eat well and their curves come naturally and suit them beautifully. I do envy that.

My fiance is flexible, but he is *really* into muscular women. Not like female body builders, but definitely girls who can do a couple pull-ups or probably run a marathon.

BV - I fear no competition from supermodels, but a girl with a couple black belts might be trouble. ^_^

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
Miss Q didn't post her Rosie The Riveter pic for this conversation? Aww...:cry: :p

I've got an artist's curse...there is joy in variety. The comments that it is what is underneath that makes a woman attractive or not are the most accurate to me - this extends even to the women who seem 'overbuilt'. I wish I had more time to paint - and perhaps a wife who didn't mind artist's models in the studio/workshop... :rolleyes: ...oh well! :p

There are lines and curves that are sexy, but lost on a woman who has no love or respect for herself. And that woman who has joy in her world, her appearance is changed because of it.

I've dated a variety of women (long since over, now just...er...forgotten, honie, that's what I was going to say, now just forgotten...:rolleyes: ), and the shapes and builds varied drastically. They were all beautiful, all attractive in different ways.

There, I think I've rambled myself out. Next, onto the 'what beer is best when bowling' thread...:p

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Rigby Reardon said:
Miss Q didn't post her Rosie The Riveter pic for this conversation? Aww...:cry: :p

I've got an artist's curse...there is joy in variety. The comments that it is what is underneath that makes a woman attractive or not are the most accurate to me - this extends even to the women who seem 'overbuilt'. I wish I had more time to paint - and perhaps a wife who didn't mind artist's models in the studio/workshop... :rolleyes: ...oh well! :p

There are lines and curves that are sexy, but lost on a woman who has no love or respect for herself. And that woman who has joy in her world, her appearance is changed because of it.

I've dated a variety of women (long since over, now just...er...forgotten, honie, that's what I was going to say, now just forgotten...:rolleyes: ), and the shapes and builds varied drastically. They were all beautiful, all attractive in different ways.

There, I think I've rambled myself out. Next, onto the 'what beer is best when bowling' thread...:p

Well, Jer, as a moonlighting professional artist's model, I have to say variety really is the spice of life, especially in the art community. I was lucky enough not to be branded a "flavor of the week" but while that mentality has a negative connotation, it did mean that the artists I worked with were interested in seeing the human form in all of its miraculous diversity -- scrawny, obese, fit and trim -- didn't matter. The more the better, it seemed! Artists on the whole were so accepting of difference, and it was refreshing to hear a 200 pound girl called "lovely" and a world-worn 70 year old man called "majestic" or "powerful" -- it really is about perception.

And I still owe you an arm wrestling match. Don't expect to win, either, buster :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy