Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Khaki Trousers - Originals and Reproductions

grant

Familiar Face
The Buzz khaki trousers are better than good, they're a virtual clone of WWII issue khaki trousers. However, if you're in the 32 - 36 waist size it's still possible to get wartime khaki trousers on ebay for not alot of money (I just bought a pair of un-issued 1944 khakis (sz. 36 x 34) for $50). Goodm luck whichever way you go.

Grant

jake431

Practically Family
Just wanted to bump this thread up - I'm getting my Buzz Rickson Khaki's hemmed this week; should be ready on Friday. I'll take some photos if I can.

-Jake

Wild Root

Gone Home
I've seen Bill's and K-1's... I'm not a fan of either; I find that the details are close but, far from what I see... I have seen WWII Impressions and find them to be pretty well done.

I have one pair of original 1945 dated khakis... they're nice to wear now and again.

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
MrBern said:
Hey Deckard,
I was in th Bloomingdales RL shop & noticed a small pile of their high end WWII khakis. But with a difference. These werent marked RRL, but they had a tag indicating they were from th Madison Ave shop for the princely sum of $145.
As always, interesting to see their take on vintage items. These are full cut & have military stampings & spec markings in the waistband. Oh, did I forget to mention that they were all frayed & covered in splatterings of blue & white pant? Yes perfect recreations of the type of surplus pant that won the war, then renovated the kitchen....
pPOLO2-2744951_standard_dt.jpg

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen!:rolleyes: And with a nice shirt and coat nevertheless! What is Ralph L doing? Can't we put our own stains on'em if desired?

GEEEZ!

=WR=

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen!:rolleyes: And with a nice shirt and coat nevertheless! What is Ralph L doing? Can't we put our own stains on'em if desired?

GEEEZ!

=WR=
Well, nothing says individuality more than random paint splotches that are placed exactly the same as the random paint spotches on a million other identical pairs of trousers, of course!

wharrell

New in Town
Where can you buy the Buzz Khaki Trousers?

grant said:
The Buzz khaki trousers are better than good, they're a virtual clone of WWII issue khaki trousers. However, if you're in the 32 - 36 waist size it's still possible to get wartime khaki trousers on ebay for not alot of money (I just bought a pair of un-issued 1944 khakis (sz. 36 x 34) for $50). Goodm luck whichever way you go.

Grant

jake431

Practically Family
I got my khaki's back from the tailor, and they are hemmed perfectly. It's amazing the difference between modern khaki's and these pants.

-Jake

wharrell

New in Town
Where can you buy the Buzz Khaki?

I own a lot of Bill's Khakis. My knock around ones are the button fly M1s.

I wear the M1 in all of them. Great full classic cut and you wear them with full cut boxer shorts. Great room to float around in. Total comfort.

Hondo

One Too Many
Khakis

Over at history preservation they have, WWII U. S. Army & USAAF
Officers' "Pink" Trousers at $250!!!:eek: Has anyone bought one?
I'm still looking for "pinks" as I have a chocolate shirt from HP but $250 for trousers? A2 probably next year, I'm trying to slim down, not far off, but finding something in my size is tough, I envy you slim guys (thin as a nail) :eek:

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
I tried on a pair of Docker's Iconic Khakis at Penney's, yesterday. They were low-waisted and kind of flimsy. The pockets did not seem deep enough.

I have been wearing khakis from Cabela's which are made quite nicely for the price. They sit low but not too low. My only problem with them is the leather patch above the rear pocket. I wish that there was a way to take it off without leaving marks.

I haven't bought a pair of Bill's - yet. $100 seems like a lot for a pair of khakis but there seem to be a lot of folks here giving them the thumbs-up.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On the Rickson's, what's the unfinished length?

I wear a 35-36" inseam and typically can't get most brands of khakis in the stores (they usually stop at 34 on the shelf).

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
The great thing about dept. stores in Taiwan is that pants always come unhemmed and they'll hem it for you in the backroom when you make a purchase. It usually takes about half an hour to get your pants back.
The height variety is so large here that it's cheaper just to hem them in the store.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That'd be my preference every time. Get the right angle and length to hit the shoe welt without a huge break in front. Onsite tailoring is just good service. Seem to have to really pay for it anymore over here.

Heck, even some of the online catalogs don't come in unfinished lengths long enough to get a cuff.

Pet Peeve:

I'm not claiming to be a model, but I'm almost exactly the same height as most of them (appear to be anyway) 6' 2". If the designers are designing to that height, why the heck don't the actual clothes based on those designs come long enough to fit me?

Was it something I did?

jake431

Practically Family
carebear said:
On the Rickson's, what's the unfinished length?

I wear a 35-36" inseam and typically can't get most brands of khakis in the stores (they usually stop at 34 on the shelf).

The pair I got (34 waist) were a 35 inseam.

-Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran