Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know that summer really IS over when...

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
I don't know about the first part. They have their fair share of crime of all sorts.
The weather might be a slight bit cooler as it is closer to the coast but not by much.
I would imagine that rain or heat would limit a certain amount of activity by such miscreants though. :D

I was joshin.'

And back to our regularly scheduled programming: you know summer is over when you rearrange your closet and put the heavier woolen suits in front and the lighter ones in back.

Which I cannot do yet, as it is still summer here and about 80 degrees.

Doran said:
I was joshin.'

And back to our regularly scheduled programming: you know summer is over when you rearrange your closet and put the heavier woolen suits in front and the lighter ones in back.

Which I cannot do yet, as it is still summer here and about 80 degrees.

I don't live that far away and I wore a three piece suit. Its not that hot. :D
You know summer is over around here when the naked guy at UC Berkeley starts wearing a trenchcoat. ;) :p

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
James -- if you think rain and snow are horrific, you ought to try living in Iowa when we have an ice storm, lots of sleet and icy rain, you step outside and fall on your kazoo.

Last winter we had ice on the ground from December 1st until mid-April. I almost began to believe the glaciers had returned.

Why, oh why, did I ever have to leave San Diego?

karol

Kassia

One of the Regulars
K.D. Lightner said:
James -- if you think rain and snow are horrific, you ought to try living in Iowa when we have an ice storm, lots of sleet and icy rain, you step outside and fall on your kazoo.

Last winter we had ice on the ground from December 1st until mid-April. I almost began to believe the glaciers had returned.

karol

Rains not that bad!! After you've lived on the West Coast for a few years you notice that you have slightly webbed toes and it's not a tan on your skin, it's RUST... Hahahahahahaaaa

Rachael

A-List Customer
when the squirrels are darting around my summer whites as they hang on the line one last time before they get put in the trunk until May

PICT0796.jpg

eldonkr

Familiar Face
I know Summer is over when I forget the air conditioning is messed up in my car.
I know Summer is over when I can walk around all day in jeans and other types of long pants without my hidradenitis suppurativa acting up.

I don't much like summer anyway. I've always enjoyed the colder seasons like autumn and winter.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
September Skies

September Skies
Funny how that memory
never dies
And when that first leaf falls
Days turn cold, nights grow long
Like an old Sinatra song
And every year right about this time
I wind up here wishing that winds of fate
would bring you back to me
beneath September Skies

I should've known better
than to count on the weather
summer's long gone, still holdin' on
A fool pretendin' that love's never ending
With the first sign of fall, I still recall

September Skies
The autumn melody clouds my eyes
And I'll never see, why you're gone
and I dream all alone
Beneath Setember Skies

I should've known better
than to count on the weather
summer's long gone, still holdin' on
A fool pretendin' that love's never ending
With the first sign of fall, I still recall

September Skies
The autumn melody clouds my eyes
And I'll never see, why you're gone
and I dream all alone
Beneath Setember Skies.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I knpow that Summer is over when...

Thanks flat-top, nice poem. :)

I know Summer is over when Beau Ties, Ltd. of Vermont sends their catalog with the 12 Days of Christmas bowties featured.

SearchResults.aspx

Sunny

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
I know summer is over when I dont have to sleep with the fan on anymore :)
Its soo lovely to be cold again at night :D
Oh, it is! But I have to have it on about 8 months out of the year; when it's cold I miss the sound of it so much I still have to have it on low. (And I'm the one who gets really cold very easily.) Pathetic, really.

K.D. Lightner said:

karol

Note to self, Iowa is not a retirement destination. :p

DerMann

Practically Family
I'd say today was the first day of autumn for us in Crawfordsville, Indiana.

Leaves are already carpeting the arboretum, it was just below 60 degrees, slight breeze, and just a bit overcast. If I were a bit braver, I'd take my nap out of doors.

eldonkr

Familiar Face
DerMann said:
I'd say today was the first day of autumn for us in Crawfordsville, Indiana.

Leaves are already carpeting the arboretum, it was just below 60 degrees, slight breeze, and just a bit overcast. If I were a bit braver, I'd take my nap out of doors.

I'm out in Greencastle and the weather is getting nicer out here. I hate hot weather.

In other news you all need to hear the song Rollin w/ Saget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff