Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Sandwiches?

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Dinner Roll + Liverwurst + Honey Mustard + Sweet Pickle.

French Patet (pate?) anything on bread.

Chicken/Turkey with heavy cayenne.

And, of course, the reuben.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
warbird said:
Pulled pork BBQ with a nice medium hot tomato based sauce. mmmm mmmmm

You got every reason to boast, I'm sure, eyeing your location, but I've got a favorite place in Oakland, CA (Chef Edwards BBQ) that's got a fantastic pulled pork spicy BBQ sandwich called The Piggly Wiggly. I'm jonezing for seconds, but I'm too far away.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jack Scorpion said:
You got every reason to boast, I'm sure, eyeing your location, but I've got a favorite place in Oakland, CA (Chef Edwards BBQ) that's got a fantastic pulled pork spicy BBQ sandwich called The Piggly Wiggly. I'm jonezing for seconds, but I'm too far away.

What street in Oaktown? I'm not far at all.

Mike in Seattle

lindylady said:
A panini would be nice, too :)

What kind? It's a category not a specific type (like a ham & swiss on rye). Our local latte shop used to have a wonderful selection. And then they changed their hours from 10 am -2 pm, closed on the weekend, and then blamed their business going down the drain on a Starbucks two blocks away...a shop specializing in coffees only open during (roughly) lunch hours M-F in a suburban shopping center, and they couldn't see the hand writing on the wall.

warbird

One Too Many
I had some great BBQ in Seattle. I can't remember the name of the joint. It's somewhat near the park around the needle. I remember I walked there from my Comfot Inn hotel.

It's owned by a couple of black fellas from Mississippi, just south of Memphis. The walls were painted with large jazz murals. Neat place, good food. I hope it's still there, because it was unlike any other place in the area.

Mike in Seattle

Babydoll said:
Pig Iron's worth the trip south on 1st Ave. past The Safe an hour before the M's play. :D

(Yes, it's that good.)

Luckily, I wouldn't have to worry about when the M's or Hawks are doing their things - I've got a little shortcut from Renton that drops me at the north end of Boeing Field, and then, from their map, it's a hop, skip and a jump wending around the field.

Decisions, decisions...stop there on the way to Woodinville, or on the way back with a snappy new lid?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I know that shortcut. It's a good time saver.

The Mister's partial to the 3-way combo (three kinds of meat) with double brisket, and hot links. He also gets the smoky beans and the jalapeno spinach casserole.

Stop on the way, or coming home.... you win either way! :)

Kishtu

Practically Family
I'm going to have to investigate this Reuben thing I think, they come recommended so highly!

I've got peanut butter and blackcurrant jam on wholewheat for my lunch today (damn Calvin and Hobbes cartoons!) but my all-time favourite sandwich - where I come from they're butties, mind - is hot chilli sauce, crumbly Wensleydale cheese, and sour cream and chive dip. Good stuff!

Josephine

One Too Many
Kishtu said:
I'm going to have to investigate this Reuben thing I think, they come recommended so highly!

They are delicious! Rye bread, corned beef, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, and Swiss cheese all toasted or grilled so it's warm and the cheese melts. Enjoy!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Oooh! Count me in on the Rubens! Yummy! Especially with a good mustard.

But I think the best sandwiches I ever had were at the Pleasanton Cheese Factory which had it's own store and deli attached. Just their handmade cheeses with mustard, red onions and sprouts... Nothing was ever better than that!

timorous me

Familiar Face
now I REALLY want a reuben.

some other favorites:

- a "Maine Italian" - one of those regional oddities, like red hot dogs or the word "ayuh" - boiled ham, american cheese, green pepper, onion, tomato, pickle, black olives, salt, pepper and oil on cheap white rolls. Preferably from a Sam's or an Amato's... or any gas station in the state.

- the former's classier cousin - a tiny hole-in-the-wall I remember going to as a little kid still has my heart, unfortunately it is long gone - best darned italian EVER. Capicola, mortadella, provolone, olives, roma tomato, onion, olive oil and oregano on excellent bread. Anthony's in Portland has a similar "Boston Italian" which is very good, but nothing will ever come close...

- Cold meatloaf and ketchup sandwich on good white bread

- My family's homemade smoked kielbasa (don't even come near me with the Hillshire Farms stuff) with spicy mustard on good white bread - with some potato cheese and onion pierogies on the side!

- Arby's Beef and Cheddar. Seriously you guys.

- blade steak (a really flavorful and surprisingly tender cut of chuck), medium, cut thin with butter and Lowry's Seasoned Salt on portuguese rolls. (Or any good white roll, really.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass