Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Wild Root

Gone Home
So, I hear you’ll need a Mayor? Well, we’ll leve it to the voters but, if I’m elected I’d like to mention there will be no organized crime, there will be firm code to alcohol consumption and the bar would take one's keys away and call taxi's to those who are sauced! The police will be Irish and take no guff from no one!lol

This town will have to be small at first! A nice small street with Victorian to 1930’s modern homes on it with lots of trees! Nice clean paved sidewalks and period street lamps. We’d need a post office, police station, fire station, Town Hall (with court room) A Law office and a notary public. A 1930’s modern styled school on the modest size till the town grows larger. Also, a small hospital and Doctor’s office where the medicine and technology would be modern but, old fashioned in appearance. Nurses and doctors would wear uniforms!!!

The down town part should have a number of shops surrounding the public buildings. A dress shop, tailor shop, drug store (with soda fountain) a 5/10 with a lunch counter, a Radio repair shop, a music shop where records and instruments and other musical items are sold, should have an appliance shop where one could have their appliances repaired. A modest sized department store, we’d need a movie house, a bowling ally and a pool hall where people can gather to shoot pool or play friendly games of cards. There should be a Lodge club for men and a Women’s club for the ladies. A nice park with a band stand would be ideal for dances and concerts under the moon and stars!

There should also be some agriculture areas outside of town… we should have a few farmers to grow and supply the town with fresh fruits, vegetables, meat and dairy products. Speaking of milk, we’d need a milk man! Should have some citrus groves and other fruit orchards and a packing warehouse.

An airfield would be good to have also, a small railroad station would be perfect! It would be fantastic to acquire a few steam locos and restore them paired with some fine Pullmans! Take passengers in and out of our town.

I’d love nothing more then to have a vintage utopia! A happy quiet down town by day and an safe but fun and entertaining down town by night.

There will be a full service gas station and garage where one could have their car serviced! A small modest streamlined car dealership with a nice showroom floor would be good to have! Our auto dealers will buy beautiful restored autos or original autos and sell them at fair prices. Maybe even have a shop that can convert hotrods to original drivers again! lol

=WR=

johnnydnh

Familiar Face
You've got my vote

Wild Root said:
Speaking of milk, we’d need a milk man!

Maybe even have a shop that can convert hotrods to original drivers again! lol

=WR=

I could deliver milk in the morning and mail in the afternoons.

Converting hot rods back to original drivers is a great idea and there is virtually an inexhaustable supply of butchered iron out there!

Wild Root said:
So, I hear you’ll need a Mayor? Well, we’ll leve it to the voters but, if I’m elected I’d like to mention there will be no organized crime, there will be firm code to alcohol consumption and the bar would take one's keys away and call taxi's to those who are sauced! The police will be Irish and take no guff from no one!lol

This town will have to be small at first! A nice small street with Victorian to 1930’s modern homes on it with lots of trees! Nice clean paved sidewalks and period street lamps. We’d need a post office, police station, fire station, Town Hall (with court room) A Law office and a notary public. A 1930’s modern styled school on the modest size till the town grows larger. Also, a small hospital and Doctor’s office where the medicine and technology would be modern but, old fashioned in appearance. Nurses and doctors would wear uniforms!!!

The down town part should have a number of shops surrounding the public buildings. A dress shop, tailor shop, drug store (with soda fountain) a 5/10 with a lunch counter, a Radio repair shop, a music shop where records and instruments and other musical items are sold, should have an appliance shop where one could have their appliances repaired. A modest sized department store, we’d need a movie house, a bowling ally and a pool hall where people can gather to shoot pool or play friendly games of cards. There should be a Lodge club for men and a Women’s club for the ladies. A nice park with a band stand would be ideal for dances and concerts under the moon and stars!

There should also be some agriculture areas outside of town… we should have a few farmers to grow and supply the town with fresh fruits, vegetables, meat and dairy products. Speaking of milk, we’d need a milk man! Should have some citrus groves and other fruit orchards and a packing warehouse.

An airfield would be good to have also, a small railroad station would be perfect! It would be fantastic to acquire a few steam locos and restore them paired with some fine Pullmans! Take passengers in and out of our town.

I’d love nothing more then to have a vintage utopia! A happy quiet down town by day and an safe but fun and entertaining down town by night.

There will be a full service gas station and garage where one could have their car serviced! A small modest streamlined car dealership with a nice showroom floor would be good to have! Our auto dealers will buy beautiful restored autos or original autos and sell them at fair prices. Maybe even have a shop that can convert hotrods to original drivers again! lol

=WR=

Do you need a council man or a lackey (Campaign manager) then? I could go for that kind of town government. :eusa_clap

clevispin

One of the Regulars
The town ought to have a sheriff with no gun and an armed deputy with only one bullet for his pistol.

johnnydnh

Familiar Face
Wild Root said:
Man, I'd love to sell cars my self! Dress in a nice suit and show people the beautiful cars... man, that would be nice!

=WR=
You have enough to do already! Pump jockey, soda jerk, Mayor...no time. Gee, say, I wouldn't mind selling the cars myself!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yeah, but every one would be dressed like John Steed lol :p

I could see him a Haberdasher and having a large pile of tailor books on the shelf so men could pick out what they wanted to have made... which reminds me we'd need a mill to make textiles as they used to! The cloth they make today isn't fit for our town!

=WR=

Wild Root said:
Yeah, but every one would be dressed like John Steed lol :p

I could see him a Haberdasher and having a large pile of tailor books on the shelf so men could pick out what they wanted to have made... which reminds me we'd need a mill to make textiles as they used to! The cloth they make today isn't fit for our town!

=WR=

John Steed!? lol lol lol
I could do the accessories. He could do the rest of the haberdashery. :D

Regards,

J

Barry

Practically Family
We need at least one town librarian.....

But NO Spinsters! :p

mary.jpg

TheDimplePinch

New in Town
Infrastructure

Don't forget the men that maintain the streets and sewers, water and electric lines, run the water treatment plant, etc etc etc. 1930s not 1390s!

Wild Root

Gone Home
I say it should be a mix between Bedford Falls and Mayberry! A simple, humble home town Norman Rockwell style... friendly happy people! Oh, and a "Floyd" type of gent for the barber shop!

My goodness, this is so fun to talk about! So, when are we getting started?

=WR=

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
Fuller Brush Man...

reg-1232021-772773.embedded.jpg

Need one of these gentlemen going around selling Brushes and giving out free complimentary Letter Openers for all those letters that the Post Mistress will have delivered !

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I either want a vintage farm with a '30s tractor and a red barn, with animals that are exposed to things like "sunlight" or I'll run the town flower-shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB