Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Story

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
Yeah, but every one would be dressed like John Steed lol :p

This sounds a bit like one of those little villages Steed and Emma would be lured into... :eek:

Wild Root

Gone Home
Vacuum sales man!

We'll need a door to door vacuum sales man! See if we can get some licensing from HOOVER to reproduce their earlier models from the 30's! I use an old HOOVER and they work great!

So, how are we going to do all this fun stuff eh?

=WR=

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
Barry said:
We need at least one town librarian.....

But NO Spinsters! :p

mary.jpg

If we get a librarian who looks like Donna Reed, I'll volunteer to do double duty as assistant librarian!;)

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I guess when one of us hits the big lotto jackpot we can get things started, then everyone else can begin moving in.
We wouldn't allow strangers and tourists in to gawk at us either, and ruin everything.

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
TheDimplePinch said:
Don't forget the men that maintain the streets and sewers, water and electric lines, run the water treatment plant, etc etc etc. 1930s not 1390s!

As your Water Commissioner, I will ensure that there are no eels in the water supply.

I was also thinking about parades. We''ll need to have one for Decoration Day as well as festivities on The Fourth of July.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Can this town be by the water, a lake or stream or river? Then you could go to the docks and rent a boat and sale across the water and go fishing. So you'll need somebody running the docks. There has to be a gazebo in the park with a barbershop quartet, which also works at the barbershop. There should also be a playhouse and a general store. With a long dirt road leading to the big city, where it all happens, but everything happens here too. :p

There has to be a town fair and a carnival every year.

I'll be the man with the boater memorizing the crowd with the likes of the sideshow acts and attractions.

"Step right up folks and see whar your eyes have never seen. Women with beards! Men who can lift an elephant. Come and see the dazzlin' sp....ectacles! Acrobats flying a hundred feet in the air....Clowns bursting out of cannons at the speed of light!

You sir! The Reno Kid, what say you buy a ticket mack!? The seats are almost full, time's a'wasting!

Here you go sir, a ticket for you and the misses

(Reno Kid steps inside)

"Oh by the way mack, that ticket ain't free. That'll be 2 Washingtons.
Enjoy the show!"

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
If we did this....there would be nothing left to kvetch and complain over, and we would all drop dead in a year.

Either that or we would all start minding each others business far too closely.
We ladies would probably complain that all the men are always hanging out at the gas station or barber shop or hat shop instead of taking us dancing.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
G. Fink-Nottle said:
As your Water Commissioner, I will ensure that there are no eels in the water supply.

I was also thinking about parades. We''ll need to have one for Decoration Day as well as festivities on The Fourth of July.
We would also have big picnics, like in the movie Picnic with Bill Holden!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'll own all your sordid little mortgages at high interest. It's only a matter of time before I snuff out that miserable little Building & Loan.

;)

Actually, in real life, I AM George Baily.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scotrace,

If I'm turned down for the affable but no-nonsense Mick copper position can I work in the mortgage business with ya? I have credit union experience. :D

Daisy Buchanan

carebear said:
scotrace,

If I'm turned down for the affable but no-nonsense Mick copper position can I work in the mortgage business with ya? I have credit union experience. :D
Cool, would you give me a very low interest mortgage regardless of credit. Isn't the happiness of the inhabitants of our adorable little town the most important thing.
Hemingway Jones could be the commercial lender. He could get all mechanic, bakery, candy shoppe, doctors offices, movie theater, play house, night clubs, and all the other wonderful establishements, financing. Then when he went to all of these places he'd get the best seats in the house, and the tables with the views. He'd dine with th Mayor, for he'd be doing some financing for him/her as well.
I have this picture in my mind of a well working machine, where everyone you see on the streets is smiling or tipping their hats. The kids would all be well dressed, well educated, well behaved, and just great to be around. I can't imagine conflict of any kind. This sounds like such a lovely place. I say we do it! Why not? If we're all this friendly and close through this forum, I think that we would all get along great in our little town. I'm so dreaming of a place like this.:D

carebear

That's the beauty of the credit union philosophy.

I'm not responsible to a bunch of fat-cat investors, I'm responsible to a bunch of rubes and hayseeds who don't realize we could be getting more interest by lending to businesses with aggressive marketing plans and lowest bottom line products. :D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
What was that film that was set in a town in a perfect world and all in black and white until residents began to see reality and it slowly went to color?

Then again... there's Stepford...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB