Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

Chinaski

One Too Many
CRH, I believe what you've got there is the old tried-and-true "Keystone Crease." It is named after the keystone used in masonry, as well as the Keystone State - aka Pennsylvania. Well, it works for me anyway.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
I heard there was some kite flying going on here so I thought I'd just throw out some photos of "Old Wrinkle Tail". The weather seems to instigate some sort of evolutionary process with the crease - creasolution lol?

They said it couldn't be done, but dammit, CRH, you've done it -- the topside Dragon Tail Kite Crease with a bottom side Keystone Crease! :eek: :D

You have now added an additional degree of difficulty by bringing the "inner crease" into play. This should be interesting...:D

All kidding aside, though -- I think your crease on that lid looks very cool. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
You have now added an additional degree of difficulty by bringing the "inner crease" into play. This should be interesting...:D

Hmmm... dragons, keystones :eek:. Thanks for the compliments, Gents :).

I have to say that what's inside the hat can be just as or even more interesting than what's on the outside. Most of the time though it's covered by the liner.

Keep 'em coming fellas!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
billyspew said:
Diamond on my Whippet...

Had forgotten about this thread.

Not anymore. That Whippet looks ready to Swing :cool2:.

swing-dance-swing-orchestra.jpg

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
I submit for your review...

Since the diamond AB I first entered didn't last very long, I've decided to submit my latest acquisition. This is my Resistol OR variant that I posted a week or two ago...
3658338047_d5a3c5d3b5_o.jpg

-AFI

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Resistol with diamond crease

STA_0951.jpg

STB_0952.jpg

STC_0953.jpg

Here is a diamond crease I put in a open road style Resistol This hat has a heaver soft felt a lot like an 1950s Brosalino I have. The crease is easy to fine-tune. I like a deep wide front pinch with this type felt of try to get a little up sweep along the ride of the crown moving back from the front pinch

RBH

Bartender
jonbuilder said:
STA_0951.jpg

STB_0952.jpg

STC_0953.jpg

Here is a diamond crease I put in a open road style Resistol This hat has a heaver soft felt a lot like an 1950s Brosalino I have. The crease is easy to fine-tune. I like a deep wide front pinch with this type felt of try to get a little up sweep along the ride of the crown moving back from the front pinch
Very nice!!!.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jonbuilder

I don’t know if this crease qualifies as a diamond. It kind of a wedge shaped center crease with a long center pinch. I have this crease in 3 or 4 of my best hats. I see it being more of a diamond than a center crease. The hat pictures are of a johnny phi Royal Deluxe I received open crown. It was a virgin I broken in for the first time. I used steam on this felt as i do on all my hats. The hat hold the crease well.
STA_0954.jpg

STB_0955.jpg

STC_0956.jpg

jonbuilder

SSL10944.jpg

There are a lot of great hats and diamond creases in this thread well done. Among all the beautiful hats with the diamond crease I found two that I have special admirations for and those are Mr. H particularly his first Stetson post 38, and duggap's hat creased by Art Fawcett post 78

1001071445a.jpg

1002071733.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Another hat I gave a new crease last week, this time I changed from a teardrop to a long, narrow and rather pointy 4-point diamond.

Excellent examples there, Mario. Good photos. I think diamond creases are very difficult to photograph what with the light reflecting in so many different directions.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:

[bad]

You forgot the 'official diamond authority handshake', Marc - that's a four pointer by the way - the poor guy lost one in a cape spinner - and plus we don't accept fakes. It's either real diamonds or nothing around here. Those glass stones have to go!

081608_2259_LilWaynesJe1_2.jpg

There is, however, the possibility of redemption. All you have to do is get those glass stones off that hat and replace them with Mr. Handshake's wraps!

:cool:

shakeshead

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Thanks RBH & CRH (KGB & CIA? ;))!

Yes, sometimes it's hard work to take even just half-decent photos of a hat, and I have to confess that there is always a good deal of Photoshop work involved, mainly for color correction stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner