Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thankful Thread

$ally

One Too Many
resurrection

I'm thankful that
  • I'm getting back to my usual slender self again
  • There are so many bright opportunities on the horizon for my son (and for me)
  • We haven't broken out into WWIII

BORNTOOLATE

New in Town
Medical technology and know how. If it weren't for the now run-of-mill c-section, I probably would have lost the very first of my three kids and maybe even my wife. The story would likely have been different in the "Golden Age".

Trixie

One of the Regulars
I'm thankful that my son is clever & quick witted with a great sense of humor. Not to mention kind & nice to animals & adorably cute :) And that my husband is nice & supportive enough to let me quit my job to stay home with our son.

Today I'm mostly thankful that the eight month old twin girls I babysit are finally sleeping! lol :eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am thankful though someone stole from my mother-in-law, they didn't hurt her physically in order to take material items.

I'm also thankful for a great, fantastic husband and staff who I cannot believe are so wonderful.

Vintage Betty

$ally

One Too Many
How did everything turn out with this, Vintage Betty?

I'm ecstatic that I am $5000 richer today!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am so happy I found my long lost freind and she didn't lose her house to the flood. This is the best gift ever. I was sick with worry and missing her.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Today, I'm very thankfull that my cousin and her family was not hurt in the fire that recently destroyed their home!

And that the bachelor/bachelorette parties my husband and I organized this weekend was so successfull. The couple we did it for are such great friends, they really deserve the best!

$ally

One Too Many
Twitch said:
I feel good enough to make it to church today!
Glad to hear it (or read it). We're going to the solemn Christmas Eve candle light service.

I'm thankful I don't work at a factory making fire hydrants because I couldn't park anywhere near the place. Yeah, I stole that from Stephan Wright. :eusa_doh:

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I am thankful for:
  • Having both my parents alive, and a strong relationship with both
  • Having good health
  • Being a person of integrity who knows what they want out of life
  • Having the money and the resources to obtain my education towards what I want to do with my life
  • Those spring and summer days when I can go camping with my family; where I can sit under a tree in the forest next to our popup and read a book without a care in the world; even if just for a few days
  • A warm bed, food, shelter, and all those things the majority of us take for granted that some people on the planet don't have on a regular basis

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Twitch said:
I'm thankful the ER was open on Christmas day when I needed it...:eek:

Are you doing alright???

I'm thankful for:
My boyfriend and his family- Without them I wouldn't be where I am.
My grandpa- for teaching me manners and to be a grateful
My dad- for being supportive and understanding
My best friend- She has helped me be a better person and has helped me through life's struggles

Thankful for:

...Twitch still being among us--can't imagine the Lounge without your technical expertise and color-commentary, sir.
...relatives with the patience to let me sleep 'til 11am when in Vegas.
...having the chance to "know" (as much as one can online, anyway) y'all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff