Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
And here she is, in detail!

I am now a very proud owner of a product of tonyb's artistry. I was slightly nervous when I opened the box...

pkjy.jpg

aj1o.jpg

ky63.jpg

I have to assume this is from the high humidity. It didn't take too long, however, to settle on this initial crease. The center dent is still pretty high, and the brim, with a little patience and steam, recovered from the eastward trip.

6rxk.jpg

lk8n.jpg

pfcj.jpg

A few other perspectives:

w7lm.jpg

2y5e.jpg

u2jm.jpg

And a bow detail:

korw.jpg

The color is silver belly, with a 16 ligne "silver belly" ribbon.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The Tumwater is beautiful, Jeff. I love the blocking and the colours. I'm sure it has Tony's trademark supersoft felt as well. Cool how you've shaped the brim.

My Silverbelly Tumwater is one of my favorites and I'm sure you are going to enjoy yours as well.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Really nice Jeff, great lines and the ribbon color is outstanding with the silverbelly felt. Looks a bit green on my monitor. Like that brim on you.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Jeff; That is spectacular! Elegant with the contrast between the simple tall lines/dimensions and the eye candy of the ribbon detail. Color on color draws your eye to look for more details and it is rewarded with the bow on bow signature of the ribbon. From the pic the felt looks very supple. Sweet lid.

I did chuckle out loud when I viewed your newly opened box pic. I so empathize with the emotions that run thru you when your expecations are sky high and you open the box and SHAZAM - you are suprised. Logically we know that it can be changed with some heat and steam, but emotionally it is hard to stay optimistic about the new "dream hat. It turned out great!

I agree with RBH about trying a snap front brim. The curve would invite the eye. In fact I would move the pinch in just a tad, so as to break the consistent line, in my eye, from face to top of crown.

Sweet lid. The light felt color looks great on you. I imagine it will coordinate well with your work attire.

Wear the fedora knowing that it is a stunner, Eric -

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Jeff

Soooo, just how high IS that crown anyway (open). I'm having a (hopefully) last hat built by Tony sometime in a fancy black of some kind. (I need more storage...) All of my custom fedoras are 5.75 inch crowns, but I could be convinced to go higher.

Looks good.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thank you everyone, and thank you Tony! Really really beautiful work. I'm getting 5 5/8 for the crown as creased, and it's a 2 1/2" brim. I will surely do some more messing around with the format, but at the moment I'm really enjoying it as pictured!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Forgive the badly colored cell phone picture. Fresh out of the box, a sample hat Tony had left over from a recent show. A very pleasing light beige/sand color with a brownish ribbon. Can I live with a massive (for me) 2 1/2” brim, we shall see, but then I’ve never had a wide brim and a high crown (about 6”) before (outsie the far too large Campdraft) so I figured why not try it! Wish I had time to play with it now, but perfecting the shape will have to wait for another day. Back in the queue as well for what’s preliminarily shaping up to be a formal, brown, bound brim number. Tony just makes some great hats.

IMG-20130918-00571_zps88f28cb8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner