Aero lining with corduroy

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Fanch, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Has anyone here had an Aero jacket lined completely with corduroy or have any possible input? Realizing that cord lining at the bottom hem is used almost routinely now to prevent sagging or actual separation from the leather, I see no reason why a full body lining, maybe with the exception of the sleeves, might not be a great "tough as nails" jacket lining, particularly for longer jackets such as the Stockman, Teamster, and even LHB because of the stress placed at the bottom hem from just sitting on it and moving around while sitting. Discussion anyone?

2. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

Aero had a prototype for Evisu on their sales page that is entirely lined with corduroy. It might be worth asking Holly whether it was deemed to be practical.

[​IMG]

3. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

That's it! I'd been racking my brain as to where I'd seen a whole cord lining. It certainly looks bullet proof. You could find yourself having to break in the lining AND the leather! :D Having seen this, I think the chocolate cord Aero use could give it a really rich, luxurious look.

4. ForestForTheTrees

ForestForTheTrees One of the Regulars

Fanch, I've thought about this before as well. Seems to me like it would make a great lining and I really like the looks of it in the Aero photo posted above. Will be interesting to see if anyone here has any actual experience with it.

5. mattp

mattp One of the Regulars

I've seen a jacket on here in the last couple of months that had the full brown cord lining, I can't put my finger on it right now but the owner was apparently pleased with it.
    I'll see if I can dig it up if he doesn't chime in first.

6. DJS Press

DJS Press One of the Regulars

Me thinks that it would sturdy as hell and look good, but you may not like how the corduroy "grabs" your shirt sleeves every time you put it on or take it off. I know the cotton drill can be grabby enough, which is why many (myself included) have asked for the gabardine or other lining in the sleeves. I'm interested to hear others opinions.

7. Plumbline

Plumbline One Too Many

I had the sleeves of my Aero Longshoreman lined in Corduroy ... it doesn't grab at all on my shirts ( the storm cuffs are a complete pain though .... they are pants at fecking up anything with long sleeves).

Just MHO :)

8. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I tend to grab the end of the jumper I'm wearing before I pull on my Aero, but I've never had any problems with my storm cuffs (I realise I'm in a minority here:D).

9. Jaguar66

Jaguar66 A-List Customer

Same here. I wore one of my Highwayman jackets without storm cuffs the other day, and the cold air up the sleeves was a bit of a negative, I missed the storm cuffs. I too grab the cuff of my shirt, or sweater and pull them down to the end into the storm cuff.

10. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

In Texas, storm cuffs is a negative. However, if I lived in Scotland (or Alaska):D, I would definitely want storm cuffs.

11. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

The storm cuffs + stuffing my hands into the moleskin hand warmers = no pain.

12. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Living at least 2000 kilometers south of Glasgow = no pain:smow::rain::D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  13. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Funnily enough, that's the exact weather forecast for tomorrow :D Would it surprise you to hear that I've been looking at a selection of Irvins this evening?

14. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Sloan, don't forget your galoshes and mittens. :D However, in less than six months, you will be laughing at me as I try to survive searing heat in excess of 100 degrees F. for weeks and weeks. lol

15. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Yes, there's no leather jacket option for that kind of temperature, really. I suppose you could shut all the windows, turn up the air con and pull on your Aero, but I dunno, that might be a bit extreme :D. I think it was wdw - a fellow Scot - who said on another thread that he wore his stockman regularly right up to June last year, but it was a bit of an odd summer (ie no summer). Given the choice, I might enjoy the air con option, if just for a couple of weeks...

16. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

I have actually been known to turn down the air conditioning and pull on an Aero, to the chagrin of of my wife who looks at me as though I have lost my mind.:fing28:

Cannot survive summer heat in Texas:flame:though without air conditioning, sometimes used even in late November.:D

17. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

I actually love Storm Cuffs in my jackets. I have em in my Aero LHB and a no brand vintage barnstomer in black HH. Here in cold country... they're essential!! I just hold my sleeves like the rest of ya.

Worf

18. wdw

wdw One Too Many

It's even better, Sloan.:) Thanks to our lovely summer, I've actually worn FQHH pretty much every day since getting my first in May, other than a holiday in the sun. I don't have storm cuffs though, but they would definitely have reduced the wearing time when it was warmer.

I suppose there has to be some benefit in living in a climate which varies from miserable to miserabler. :)

19. Edward

Edward Bartender

Me neither. Weirdly, for all the people I hear complain about them, I've never heard any of the same complaints about an A2 sleeve. Which is the same thing, less the additional leather layer over the top....

20. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

A very good point Edward.;)