Aero Natural CXL HH J-106/KotR/Indian Mix Biker Jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Feliksas, Jun 4, 2019.

1. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

Wow! Every choice you made with this jacket is stellar! Be sure to post for pics when it arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

They’ve added the pics to their Facebook page.

ton312 likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yeah it’s on IG too. I joined IG solely to follow the “drunk people doing things” page but quickly found others, including Aero of course. This jacket is just so cool. I’ve brought shame upon my dojo for not thinking of it first.

Monitor and dan_t like this.
  4. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

Interesting how the collar studs have been placed as in the revamped Indian Ranger jacket but I guess this is part of the customization

5. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Just sensational.
    This is frankly the point at which we all aspire to end up in the everlasting jacket journey.
    Congratulations, you’ve made it to the end of the game.
    Now that’s gotta be a first.

6. Rich22

Rich22 One of the Regulars

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 7.45.55 pm.png
    I know you said it's a King of the Road back, but your jacket's back looks more refined. The main panel isn't as wide on yours and there is clearly a considerably bigger gap between that panel and the shoulder seams/side seam. That improves the shape for sure. The kidney panel is also a fair bit taller on your jacket, and the yoke a touch thicker. Some of this will likely be down to sizes of the jackets, but some of it can't be attributed to that. I look at the back of your jacket and it's awesome- so well balanced. In comparison, something is missing with the stock King of The Road jacket on the right there.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    AeroFan_07, ProteinNerd, JMax and 4 others like this.
  7. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

It's called "hitting it out of the freakin ballpark."

Imuricecreamman and Rich22 like this.
  8. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family

Looks cooler on the left:eek: Screenshot_2019-06-06-16-34-26-953_com.facebook.katana.jpg

9. Rich22

Absolutely!!

10. Rich22

So the question is: did you specify these improvements to the King of the Road back, or was it just a lucky success?

11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I think b/c the jacket is based off the j106 not the kotr. The kotr panel is applied to the j106 back. J106 is less boxy than kotr, which is fairly full and abruptly tapers at the waist.

Edward and Guppy like this.
  12. Will Zach

Will Zach One of the Regulars

Let's see fit pics first..;)

13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

From the back it looks a lot like the Hercules D-pockets from the 50s. Very nice!

14. Rich22

The reduced boxiness is one of the things I prefer about the bastard jacket. But still, Aero didn't need to make the main back panel as narrow as they did- great they did, regardless of the reason why. :)

ton312 likes this.
  15. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Ah I just realised the word Feliksas was intending was 'mongrel' jacket, not bastard. Well, that's a more accurate word, anyway, it's a cross between different 'breeds'. All good working dogs are better when you mix the best traits of a couple of breeds!

Edward, nick123, Guppy and 2 others like this.
  16. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

The Mad Maxwell

Attached Files:

Monitor and Benny Holiday like this.
  17. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Haha cool Peter!

Peter Bowden likes this.
  18. 2wheelgrplr

2wheelgrplr A-List Customer

Superb! Yes, as mentioned above, the J106 front is a very distinct, eye-catching design, and so is this KOTR back - awesome combination. Definitely a Mongrel-Cross-Zip in the best way possible. Saw it first on Aero's IG page and was blown away. Looking forward to more pics when you get it.

19. Hide'n'seek

Hide'n'seek One of the Regulars

You are quite right in your comments that the new back looks much better. The jacket on the right was an early King of the Road that we have since reworked / sharpened up, and the jacket in the photo is actually too large for the Mannequin which doesn't help either.

Luckily we have been working hard redoing all our photography in preperation for launching our new (overdue) website, and have new photos of our King of The Road ready so we have updated our website pics. http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=64 We are sure you will find these better.

With regards to the Hybrid jacket on the right we were also extremely impressed with the end result and feedback has been great. Felikas we are sure you are going to be blown away, looking forward to seeing fit pics.

dannyk, AeroFan_07, navetsea and 6 others like this.
  20. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Great, now I want a KOTR. Love the huge D and the sharpened up back is perfect.