Aero Natural CXL HH J-106/KotR/Indian Mix Biker Jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Feliksas, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Rich22

Rich22 One of the Regulars

I'm happy to say that looks much better. Very nice. The photos also look benefit from the absence of the scarf/cravat that featured in the older photos. The photos of the hybrid jacket are also complimented by the stone/brick background- I think that works well.

Out of interest- how easy would it be to adapt the KotR back (along with belt) onto a Bootlegger front? Thanks.

2. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Possibly the best looking Aero I've ever seen. Seriously great design. Can't wait for the fit pics.

Lebowski likes this.
  3. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

WOW, that looks amazing.....Aero have outdone themselves!

I'm sure I'm not alone in not-so-secretly hoping that in some moment of insanity it appears in the classifieds...

dan_t and ton312 like this.
  4. Aero needs to feature this new style compilation as a new jacket design and give it its own name. I blows the other MC jackets away.
    HD

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I agree. It blends the very best elements of three distinct styles in a very low key and appropriate way. Nothing looks out of place and in fact, quite the opposite, everything is so perfectly complimentary it’s like a zen garden. In other words, the dialogue between myself and my bank account:
    928295CC-66F2-443E-8399-DC03793758BA.gif

AeroFan_07 and ProteinNerd like this.
  6. Rich22

I agree that it is worth advertising as an individual jacket- to me it is the most attractive MC jacket that Aero make.

Would be nice if there is some way of tucking the throat latch behind the collar lapel, ala Ton's Bootleggers, when the snap is fastened. Don't know if that's possible somehow?

Personally I'd also miss the absent left side hand warmer pocket.... maybe an optional extra? ;)

Guppy and HoosierDaddy like this.
  7. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I'd like to see this as a regular model as well. If they need a name for it, I'd suggest the Pangloss, since this jacket represents is "the best of all possible worlds."

nick123 likes this.
  8. How bout... The new Aero CustomCruiser ..!!

9. SimonR

SimonR One of the Regulars

That is a superb looking jacket ! best fitted looking MC one I can recall seeing !

Well done

I want one :)

10. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

I would prefer the “no epaulets” option too

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
  11. Rich22

I'd usually agree, as they serve no purpose and I often seem to pop mine loose when I wear a bag over my shoulder, but they do look cool here...

12. Edward

Edward Bartender

For many, no - many folks will equate it with the use of the word 'mongrel' in this context (as Benny noted). We do tend to ask that folks think a little more about what they post on here; nobody's going to go for somebody for accidental offence, but we do try to be as civil as possible in these parts - if we can avoid the potential for offence, we do try to, and it *is* a word that can offend, probably much moreso in the US than here in Europe.

In any case, I'd hate for a hoohah over such a label to take attention away from sucvh a beautiful jacket.

It'd be interesting to know what Aero would call it if they were to give it a name. When I bought my most recent halfbelt (five years ago now, which is too long....), I started off wanting a Speedster front with a Dustbowl back. (I think of it sometimes as a 'Speedbowl'.) To Aero, on paper it was simply a Dustbowl with a plain front (no front yoke) and an added chest pocket. I wonder which of the jacket patterns are most in this? It looks to me mostly 106. I'd suggest it be dubbe the MAD HATTER. Because it's mad cool, and the numbers - J106 => the 10'6 label on the Mad Hatter's hat....

I'll be interested to see how this particular hide ages. It looks great in a bike jacket. I very much like the through-belt too; my Johnson D-pocket I bought used a few years ago is almost a dead ringer for this one all round (except it's black and chrome); only the throat latch is missing.

The suggested Campdraft is a good one if you want a brimmed, Western-style hat. Personally, I prefer a cap with a bike jacket, something like an eight-dart in a mid-brown duck would look very cool with this.

I have a throat latch on my bootlegger that was styled after the one on USN jackets; can be either buttoned up underneath the collar so not seen when the collar is flat, or left open (like this one), or, of course, buttoned to the other side.

I never have, but then the handwarmers on my jackets are for decoration only; on a shorter jacket, I tend to slip my hands into my trousder pockets much more readily. You might like the Aero Daytona:http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=192; on that model, they have the zipper pocket on the D moved to the other side in order to provide a "handwarmer".

I like Epaulettes on bike jackets (though I equally don't miss them if they aren't part of the design), but it does seem to me that if they were erased from this jacket it would make it stand alone more as a further point of difference from the other jackets after which it is patterned.

felix03 likes this.
  13. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

You and Aero hit it out of the park with this one

Edward likes this.
  14. Feliksas

Feliksas Familiar Face

Nice weather today, so went out with the old lady to take some fit-pics. I'll send all the photos to Aero, the lot of them, many here unseen, so they can use them as they see fit.

Again, for those interested:

I'm 183cm, 75kg, 82-84cm waist, +-100cm chest.

Hat is a wool Tilley hat; trousers are BW "Moleskin" army surplus; boots are custom William Lennons. If you have any questions or comments, please ask!

_MG_2664.jpeg _MG_2760.jpeg _MG_2785.jpeg _MG_2798.jpeg _MG_2819.jpeg _MG_2835.jpeg _MG_2840.jpeg _MG_2864.jpeg

dannyk, Monitor, robrinay and 26 others like this.
  15. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I hope you are ok with killing a perfectly healthy 45 year old man.
    C40D16BE-8E90-40B3-B1E1-1F65CF571852.gif
    Congrats man. It’s literally my favorite Aero ever, apart from the fact it’s not mine.

dannyk, felix03, bluesmandan and 7 others like this.
  16. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

This is truly perfect.

dannyk likes this.
  17. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Looks even cooler in the fit pics. This needs to be an official model in their lineup.

dannyk and bluesmandan like this.
  18. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I think you mean *he* needs to be their official model!

19. Will Zach

Will Zach One of the Regulars

Both... Great jacket, great pics. I would not be surprised if Aero puts this hybrid into their lineup. They would get a few orders just from the Lounge.

20. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

Wow that is amazing great job!