Aero Natural CXL HH J-106/KotR/Indian Mix Biker Jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Feliksas, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

This is about 5 years old... I'm pretty sure yours is made from heavier leather, this is probably 3oz., yours looks heavier than that, but the color should be the same. I'm inspired by your jacket to get one made like yours, although I certainly don't *need* to, but I'm not sure what color I'd go with, maybe black, maybe not. But that natural is amazing and distinctive.

ton312 likes this.
  2. carl_c

carl_c Familiar Face

it doesn't look very rigid, you broke it in within 2 weeks?

3. Feliksas

Feliksas Familiar Face

I just got it this Monday :p But it's been 30+ degrees Celsius and I've been wearing it anyway, so the heat and the sun is doing a number on it. It took actually just 2 days of wearing it in scorching weather for it not to hurt to bend my arms in it :D

Benny Holiday and Guppy like this.
  4. Feliksas

Feliksas Familiar Face

Someone elsewhere asked for an unboxing/lining shot, so here are a few more pics from the first few minutes of life for this jacket.

Black Watch (my old regiment) weathered light weight tartan lining.
    IMG_9152.jpeg IMG_9153.jpeg IMG_9154.jpeg IMG_9155.jpeg IMG_9156.jpeg IMG_9157.jpeg IMG_9158.jpeg

5. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda New in Town

Your custom J106 is so awesome I think it will become a future member's avatar when people google!

Feliksas likes this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Peter Mackin, Feliksas and Guppy like this.
  7. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Yep, that's among the top 3 jackets on TFL. Ever.

I cringed too when I saw you leaning on that brick wall, which only further reinforced my belief that leather just isn't for me. You're doing it right. That's how you're supposed to wear a leather jacket. Ultimately, that's why these things exist. If it was my jacket, I'd just baby it until the first spot I don't remember seeing right out off the box appeared, and then I'd cry for a week. Ugh...

But yeah, man. That jacket is something else.

nick123 and Feliksas like this.
  8. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

I bet I'm not the only one here who, when looking at the 'unboxing' photos, imagined that distinctive and alluring leather smell wafting forth and speaking of adventures promised wearing that new jacket!

9. Edward

Edward Bartender

Nice idea going for the "weathered" version; you don't see it so often, and I think it complements brown toned jackets better than the regular.

Onyl happens with the first ding.... then you shrug, move on, and just wear it after that and notice less. That's when leather moves from 'new jacket' to 'old friend'. Eventually that first scrape will be an old friend - and, if you're lucky, a reminder of a fun night that provokes a wry smile every time you see it.... ;)

Ah, the three finest smells in the world: new leather, old tweed, and the combustion of petrol in an old British motorcycle...

Benny Holiday and nick123 like this.
  10. carl_c

carl_c Familiar Face

that's really hardcore, RESPECT!

Edward likes this.