Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone familiar with Japanese leather brand Orgeuil? Very nice...

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have admired the Orgueil Cossack jacket for a couple of years, but have balked over sizing concerns.

4002A_001.png

Blackadder

Orgueil is the "formal wear" division of Studio d'Artisan. That cossack is made of nubuck horsehide and is very soft. Unfortunately most of their products are extra slim cut. I tried on their leather vest and have to go 2 sizes up.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hm, I don't have a beard. Think they're going out of fashion.

I agree the aviation coat is very nice indeed.
I think that 'style' of beard looks a bit like some kind of 'in vogue' beard if you get my meaning. Not a natural beard looking beard. A younger persons style rather than the more filled out body shape like I have :p

I have always want to visit Japan some day, not top but certainly Tokyo is on the bucket list and wonder if I shall get to see any of their amazing leather stores.

Blackadder

While prices of Real McCoy's and Freewheelers leather jackets may seem high, they are merely half the price of these guys.
http://goldenratio-mfg-co.com/
The link may be under development but here is a photo of one of their leather pieces. The starting price of their products? Let's just say for the price of their Dixie leather vest, you can buy a RM Buco leather jacket and for the price of one of their jackets, you can get 2 RM Bucos.

Attachments

• 10402997_1621137314774005_1697485464001176604_n.jpg
    10402997_1621137314774005_1697485464001176604_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 808

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
While prices of Real McCoy's and Freewheelers leather jackets may seem high, they are merely half the price of these guys.
http://goldenratio-mfg-co.com/
The link may be under development but here is a photo of one of their leather pieces. The starting price of their products? Let's just say for the price of their Dixie leather vest, you can buy a RM Buco leather jacket and for the price of one of their jackets, you can get 2 RM Bucos.

A very niche outfit, presumably.

They seriously need to stop with these prices. That idiotic coin case is $200. All of their stuff is poor workman's clothes and none of it particularly inspired or original. Nothing RMC and others haven't been making for a decade now. Playing pretend is one thing but I find this downright insulting. And I don't think those people really comprehend the concept of a brand...

I like the jackets a lot. I haven't even looked at the exchange rate to see the horrible reality. I'll stay ignorant and just enjoy the designs. As far as that beard goes it looks shopped to me. Or they fleeced his face for the fur. Or vice versa.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I like the jackets a lot. I haven't even looked at the exchange rate to see the horrible reality. I'll stay ignorant and just enjoy the designs. As far as that beard goes it looks shopped to me. Or they fleeced his face for the fur. Or vice versa.
Thats the hair off his chest. if people get pullovers made from dog fur why to weave you rug and put it to good use.
A lot of retro bike(Think Triumph) promotional stuff has men with these beards. None of them smile. Is it illegal to smile when trying to look cool or ride a motorbike?

Blackadder

They seriously need to stop with these prices. That idiotic coin case is $200. All of their stuff is poor workman's clothes and none of it particularly inspired or original. Nothing RMC and others haven't been making for a decade now. Playing pretend is one thing but I find this downright insulting. And I don't think those people really comprehend the concept of a brand...
Orgueil/Studio d'Artisan's items are not pricier than RMC and Studio d'Artisan is a well known brand one of the "Osaka 5" and has been a major "Americaya"player since the 80s actually before RM.
In case there has been a mix up, the Golden Ratio is not Orgueil but a comparatively new entry. It is a MTO workshop and their leather jackets costs way more than RM.

Edward

Bartender

Once upon a time I, too, thought a coin purse "idiotic".... until I got bored of having my coins spill all over the floor every time I changed trousers, and bought one. It's revolutionised things for me. That said, I bought one of an outstanding quality that will no doubt outlast me..... from a seller on Etsy for GBP12.00. Some two hundred bucks (about GBP160 currently, I think) is, however, crazy money for what it is. I've heard a lot about how Japanese stuff is artificially expensive because of the same old designer-label 'luxury product' type thinking. It would certainly explain some of those prices - unless, of course, they're all being hand made by Savile Row level tailors.... I like the look of a lot of it and were they sensible money would probably buy, though the trousers look a bit low in the waist to my eye - like they were cut for modern fit with vintage look details - c/f Pike Brothers.

A lot of retro bike(Think Triumph) promotional stuff has men with these beards. None of them smile. Is it illegal to smile when trying to look cool or ride a motorbike?

Smiling Triumph rider:

fonz-motorcycle-bonhams-3-410.jpg

Non-smiling Triumph Rider:

Feature_WildOne-med.jpg

You can smile, or you can look cool. Not both.

If in doubt, here's another shot of the same Triumph rider from the second image....

3.jpg

;)

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
That black cossack does look amazing tho. Maybe the buttons are made from the horses teeth.

Just bought the latest (i think) Lightning magazine and it is a leather jacket issue (maybe they all are?) anyhow some VERY cool stuff in there including the brand mentioned in the OP

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Just reviving this thread in case anyone else sees it who has tried on an Orgueil jacket. Frans Boone (one of their European retailers) has a sizing tool on their website, according to which I'd probably be a 40". Problem is jacket would be rather short. (I'm just over 6'.)

I want a car coat for the winter but this is the only one I like and that wouldn't bankrupt me.

G'c

Familiar Face
Just reviving this thread in case anyone else sees it who has tried on an Orgueil jacket. Frans Boone (one of their European retailers) has a sizing tool on their website, according to which I'd probably be a 40". Problem is jacket would be rather short. (I'm just over 6'.)

I want a car coat for the winter but this is the only one I like and that wouldn't bankrupt me.

To double revive this thread :p, I have just purchased the orgueil cossack (camel leather) jacket in Hong Kong.... I got this on sale ... which still costs 980 USD... crazy I know, I never paid that much for a leather jacket ..usually at most at the 700 USD range.

However, I am asian and the good thing is I can actually try the jacket (compared to jacket I purchased before which mostly require me to actually trust on my instincts on sizing). Their fit also fits me just nice and not too slim ( I am 178cm and 71 kg, wears their size 38)

The leather on this is very smooth and buttery, which is not like what my other jackets usually are, as I usually look for much thicker leathers (so that the arm sleeves will crease prettier). The colour of the leather is what got me.

I have decided this vs. the mister freedom. To procure the mister freedom will cost me much more here, and as much as I wanted to try an unlined cossack, I think a lined version will be more suitable for me at this stage as I plan to wear this jacket often at work. Maybe some day.

Speaking of which, this jacket style and colour makes it VERY easy to match your work clothes and also casual clothes. The camel colour is a nice in between colour to match virtually everything. Their cutting also makes it more "gentlemen" rather than a rugged look, which depends on your taste, may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy