Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I got a question about thefedoralounge. Sorry if this is a silly thing to ask but I've been on here over a year and my curiosity has finally gotten the best of me.

What do the random sayings under our screen names mean? For example; mine says 'new in town' but I've seen 'I'll lock up' and various others. I've even seen a few highlighted in different colours.

It has to do with how many posts you’ve made.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/how-many-posts-does-it-take.14925/

Yours and mine, and some others, don't even have a designation anymore. We must transcend such things these days.

I've noticed that too about some of the members, Jim. I just thought you'd all found a way to switch the designations off.

When you reach a certain level of hat enlightenment you transcend mere titles and become one with the universal hat consciousness.

I didn’t knowingly make any changes. Then my IT guy has to keep telling me to stop putting stamps on my screen when I want to send an email.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
"Enlightened transcendent hat consciousness" ought to be a new designation, Brent. No stamp necessary :)

When you reach a certain level of hat enlightenment you transcend mere titles and become one with the universal hat consciousness.

I didn’t knowingly make any changes. Then my IT guy has to keep telling me to stop putting stamps on my screen when I want to send an email.

I'm guessing that's far too long to be shoved into that itty bitty space under our usernames.

We could use an acronym (at our own peril).

Al -- you're coming up on 10K posts. I rolled past that recently and lost my "status" apparently (or we can't see our own). Issue a bunch of "+1" posts and see what it does.

^^^^^ Or maybe "Norm!"

upload_2021-6-25_16-6-4.jpeg

From a side discussion in the classifieds, I got to thinking about who is currently offering Milan hats (I’m interested in Milan as a straw type and Milan as a type of weave). There are some hemp offerings from Stetson, Akubra, and Peters Bros., and Optimo offers genuine Milan. A Google search came up with another option: JFAULKS Hats. They have some far out styles and colors and crown heights, but some more conservative offerings too. As a bonus, they are willing to customize brim sizes etc. This is a more traditional looking hat. I’ve asked them for some modifications (brim and crown: wider and less taper) and they promise to get back within 24-hours. The price is right anyway:

40EDE8AA-1F18-491B-9C34-58A2ECBB406C.jpeg
4B891922-C657-4220-81BE-E9429A387DA8.jpeg
1C6C761F-626C-4CC7-B3C2-BF86BCF89266.jpeg

https://www.jfaulkhats.com/contact-us.html#/

From a side discussion in the classifieds, I got to thinking about who is currently offering Milan hats (I’m interested in Milan as a straw type and Milan as a type of weave). There are some hemp offerings from Stetson, Akubra, and Peters Bros., and Optimo offers genuine Milan. A Google search came up with another option: JFAULKS Hats. They have some far out styles and colors and crown heights, but some more conservative offerings too. As a bonus, they are willing to customize brim sizes etc. This is a more traditional looking hat. I’ve asked them for some modifications (brim and crown: wider and less taper) and they promise to get back within 24-hours. The price is right anyway:

View attachment 343773 View attachment 343774 View attachment 343775

https://www.jfaulkhats.com/contact-us.html#/
It looks like the ribbon is sewn right into and is integral to the crown...not just attached after construction.??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana