Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fidena

One of the Regulars
Age-of-Innocence_l3.jpg

that is an amazing hat.

scooter

Practically Family
I picked up a nice old Stetson from a fellow longer and it was a little big. When I folded the sweatband down to put a pad behind it, it tore loose in 3 or 4 spots. If I have a new sweat put in, do I understand correctly that they can make it a 7.5 instead of it's current 7 3/4?

Edit: I meant to say 7 5/8!

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
What is the Fedora style al capone wears in boardwalk empire
Fedoras don't have names or styles per se. They are distinguishable by their dimensions (brim, crown), ribbons, creases, etc.....

If you want a reasonable facsimile of the hat you can send this photo to one of the custom hatters and they will do their best to match the look.

article-1349000-0CD72B3B000005DC-142_306x543.jpg

alexnoire

New in Town
Fedoras don't have names or styles per se. They are distinguishable by their dimensions (brim, crown), ribbons, creases, etc.....

If you want a reasonable facsimile of the hat you can send this photo to one of the custom hatters and they will do their best to match the look.

article-1349000-0CD72B3B000005DC-142_306x543.jpg

GamaH

A-List Customer
What do I do when I see three different hats, and I want them all, but I know I'll never wear three of them enough to justify the purchases?

Two Borsalinos, one Bailey's. Well, I actually already purchased one of the Borsalinos.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Yes. Unless it's a modern Borso against this Bailey, I don't think there are too many circumstances where Bailey would ever be on my list of brands to consider.

GamaH

A-List Customer
Ah, no it isn't. Well, I'll just stick with the Borsalinos then. Thanks.

Edit: What about Borsalino and Stetson? I am contemplating a Stetson Andover; however, the brim is 2 1/4, and based on the fact that I'm only 5'3, I'm wondering if it's going to be too big for my frame to carry off well. I have only ever worn stingy brims.

Last edited:

sulla

One of the Regulars
What ribbon/band for a Panama hat?

I just ordered a Panama hat (pics when it arrives). It's whith with a black ribbon and bow, fedora style. What kind of ribbons/bands are commonly seen on Panama hats?

I am not sure if I want to stick with the black ribbon and would like to see what others have done on their Panamas.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Anything is possible. It really depends on your style and how you dress. Have you looked at the Panama Canal thread? There are quite a few pics displayed over there.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well, if you decide to ditch the black ribbon, send it to me! I rather like the basic black ribbon and bow on a panama. Once in a while, I see something colorful that appeal to me, but then I realize that my wardrobe doesn't support it, or I can't find it in my size. I also don't favor the popular pugaree bands. I'll wear them, but if I get the chance, I'd swap them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic