Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
If you own it, yes, stretch it. If those are ebay grabs, that's a new(er) hat. Unless the savings are that great, picking one up in your size might make you happier.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
How do I get this annoying divot out of the brim of my Panama?

arrow.png

When I have encountered a Panama brim like that I iron the brim flat first , then shape by hand with steam. I use a good steam iron set on steam with a light thin towel btwn the iron and brim. Let the heat work thru the cloth and then I hit the "burst" button on my steam iron to shoot some steam to it. once it is as flat as I want I let it cool then use my Jiffy J1 steamer and my hand to shape the "snap" that I want.

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face
When I have encountered a Panama brim like that I iron the brim flat first , then shape by hand with steam. I use a good steam iron set on steam with a light thin towel btwn the iron and brim. Let the heat work thru the cloth and then I hit the "burst" button on my steam iron to shoot some steam to it. once it is as flat as I want I let it cool then use my Jiffy J1 steamer and my hand to shape the "snap" that I want.

Can the same be done with Milans?

Lastmohecken

Familiar Face
If you can only own one color of hat, what is your choice?

For a cowboy hat, I think it has to be black in a felt, and sorta white or natural in a straw.

But for a Fedora I don't know. I have a Black one, Brown one, and so far two Silverbelly/light tan. In the Fedoras, My black one gets the least use, and my Brown one maybe the most, but the Silverbellys are starting to to get a lot of use. Can a Silverbelly be worn with about anything?

It's funny about the cowboy hat, as Black seems to always work for me on a cowboy hat, but my Black cowboy conversion Fedora, just doesn't often seem like the best choice, it just doesn't seem to look right a lot of the time. Comments?

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face
If you can only own one color of hat, what is your choice?

For a cowboy hat, I think it has to be black in a felt, and sorta white or natural in a straw.

But for a Fedora I don't know. I have a Black one, Brown one, and so far two Silverbelly/light tan. In the Fedoras, My black one gets the least use, and my Brown one maybe the most, but the Silverbellys are starting to to get a lot of use. Can a Silverbelly be worn with about anything?

It's funny about the cowboy hat, as Black seems to always work for me on a cowboy hat, but my Black cowboy conversion Fedora, just doesn't often seem like the best choice, it just doesn't seem to look right a lot of the time. Comments?

This is more of a question of personal preference. You might consider making this it's own separate thread. :)

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
Question: I am expecting several 'UPS packages' this week, how can I avoid checking the mail every two seconds and as such avoid being as productive as a boat on land for the rest of the week? :-(

GamaH

A-List Customer
Question: I am expecting several 'UPS packages' this week, how can I avoid checking the mail every two seconds and as such avoid being as productive as a boat on land for the rest of the week? :-(

I'm in the exact same boat! My god, the wait is killing me. USPS packages here though. It supposed to be delivered to my house, and I know the earliest it'll arrive is probably Tuesday or Wednesday, yet I can't help but look at my tracking status (which simply shows International Dispatch. UGH!) every hour.

Also, um.. how do you "cock" a fedora?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Find something to occupy your time....like...say....a woman............;)

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
Ah yes indeed, but, as a smart gentleman, I ordered the hats to arrive when the lady of the house is abroad :) I'm sure some of you can understand where I'm coming from :p

GamaH

A-List Customer
Ah yes indeed, but, as a smart gentleman, I ordered the hats to arrive when the lady of the house is abroad :) I'm sure some of you can understand where I'm coming from :p

On top of meeting my usual requirements, any prospective partner in my case, will have to be AT LEAST tolerant of my hats.

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
On top of meeting my usual requirements, any prospective partner in my case, will have to be AT LEAST tolerant of my hats.

The way to make them not only tolerate it but like it, is to include an occasional hat for 'her' once in a while :) But then again, I have a max of 5 hats at all time, so nothing like some of the guys around here :)

GamaH

A-List Customer
The way to make them not only tolerate it but like it, is to include an occasional hat for 'her' once in a while :) But then again, I have a max of 5 hats at all time, so nothing like some of the guys around here :)
I would, especially because I think girls look cute with fedoras. Call me corny and old fashioned or whatever, but there's also something I find a really nice gesture when it starts raining and a guy puts his hat on a girl.

But for that to happen, the person needs to at least be "ok" with wearing hats. There are some who think only hipsters wear fedoras (wtf?), and hence detest it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy