Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Is anyone having problems with the Lounge today? It's not updating threads on my end. New Posts function, for example. Anyone else having this issue today?

T Rick

Practically Family
Same troubles here (and probably for most of us). Seen the symptoms before on another board. I'm sure the techies will get it sorted out soon.

fenris

One of the Regulars
Since nobody noticed my question... here it is again.

What other ribbon color would be nice on a brown (Christy's Adventurer) hat? I'm planning to turn my old Indy hat into a different style and I thought changing the ribbon color would be nice (since the original ribbon flared outwards). I was thinking of going with a lighter ribbon or a multi-color ribbon, like some of Art's hats.

Pics would help a lot. Thanks!

fenris

One of the Regulars
Since nobody noticed my question... here it is again.

What other ribbon color would be nice on a brown (Christy's Adventurer) hat? I'm planning to turn my old Indy hat into a different style and I thought changing the ribbon color would be nice (since the original ribbon flared outwards). I was thinking of going with a lighter ribbon or a multi-color ribbon, like some of Art's hats.

Pics would help a lot. Thanks!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Whew !! I thought it was on my 'puters end !!
Thanks .

And my PM's don't work. Would somebody tell Tom Dean that I got the hat he sent me yesterday (Thursday). I know he wanted to know when I received it. It's a nice old beater that I don't have to worry about. Toss it in my Harley TourPac and go. Nice old stiffer than all get out rough sanded felt Resistol that he didn't wear anymore. I sent him several nice hand rolled cigars from my buddy's Cigar Factory. "The Indio Cigar Factory and Lounge" where I hang out a lot. He should enjoy those and should get them today I hope.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
And my PM's don't work. Would somebody tell Tom Dean that I got the hat he sent me yesterday (Thursday). I know he wanted to know when I received it. It's a nice old beater that I don't have to worry about. Toss it in my Harley TourPac and go. Nice old stiffer than all get out rough sanded felt Resistol that he didn't wear anymore. I sent him several nice hand rolled cigars from my buddy's Cigar Factory. "The Indio Cigar Factory and Lounge" where I hang out a lot. He should enjoy those and should get them today I hope.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Wow, I've tried to post here three times this morning and it won't take it (unless you see this this time). I'm trying to let Tom Dean know that I received the hat he sent me and hopefully he will get the cigars I sent him today.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Wow, I've tried to post here three times this morning and it won't take it (unless you see this this time). I'm trying to let Tom Dean know that I received the hat he sent me and hopefully he will get the cigars I sent him today.

Those who can find it will see it. But the system problems do persist.

justthefacts

New in Town
Saved From The Trash! More Than A Box! So What Did I Have?

First, Great Site! I love to see people who have a passion for something and are willing to share. I found this website when I started looking after bringing home this:
4lsryf.jpg

The woman said she wanted $1, otherwise it was going to the trash at the end of her yard sale. I quickly gave her the money and snatched up the box. Great deal on a vintage box!

Get home, open the box and find this:
whgmzk.jpg

2zzozly.jpg

f55b1x.jpg

35i7ixl.jpg

Well, I've been a collector of women's hats since I was a girl (thanks to dad who bought me my first Easter hat!). I've been collecting for nearly 30 years. My hubby calls the guest room "the hat room". But I know nothing about men's hats. Can anyone help me out? I can clean and block a hat, have a garment steamer, wooden head form and assorted brushes. But before I dive into this hat, I'd like to know the age. Is it a "Fifteen" or a "Satellite"? Is this the correct box for the hat? I saw an ad for the Satellite from 1956, but I don't think the hat is that old. The store "Strenger's of Toledo" went out of business in the early '80's after 60 years of business. So that only narrows down a few decades.

Any thoughts, comments or advice is greatly appreciated. I have pretty thick skin, (the youngest of 5 female siblings), so go ahead, be brutal if you need.:eusa_doh:

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Just the facts, ma'am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt