Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I'm not sure I want to know question that resulted in this
_57_zpscafb8793.jpg

http://youtu.be/N--Z-N42FbM

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
the info from the listing;

VERY COOL VINTAGE 10 TEN GALLON COWBOY WESTERN HAT. NO HOLES, TEARS, STAINS OR BAD ODORS. NO LINER INSIDE. OVERALL VERY NICE CONDITION. MAKER: HATCRAFTERS. SIZE 7 1/2. NO YEAR OF MANUFACTURE. VERY MINIMAL VINTAGE SURFACE WEAR.

CROWN APPROX. 11"
BRIM APPROX. 3 1/2" WIDE, FROM CROWN TO BRIM EDGE
BRIM WIDTH EDGE TO EDGE APPROX. 14"
BRIM LENGTH FRONT END TO BACK END APPROX. 16 1/2" LONG
BAND WIDTH APPROX. 2"

Jeremy Benno

New in Town
Hey Fedora Fans,
Kinda of a weird question but I need help with a project I'm working on. I recently got work in business development to help a hat store. They sell leather and suede fedoras they are really uniqe hats and so I far I think you have to have a really exact look to make them look good on you. In fact I noticed that the customers that do buy leather fedoras typically like to wear leather pants and jackets. Is this some type of underground sub-culture?
I wanted to ask you all if you know anything about leather fedoras or suede that would help me serve these customers better.

Levallois

Practically Family
Is there any information about who produced the hats for the big department stores back in the day? I have a Marshall Field and a S.L. Bird and Son that are terrific hats. I've seen some J.C. Penney Marathons that are great too. Thanks!

B1ggles

Familiar Face
What is the correct way to raise one's hat in greeting?

I've worn hats for years without getting to grips with proper etiquette but I'm given to understand that to lift it by the pinch isn't good for it, as it will distort the crown - I certainly wore out the pinch on a few panamas over the years by doing that. Should you just raise the front of the hat an inch or so using the brim and then lower it?

I understand that to 'tip your hat' to a lady is really just to touch the brim by way of acknowledgement. Though I was interested recently when a friend told me that if a man tips his hat to another man, it is actually an insult! Is that true?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland