Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Anyone have thoughts or opinions on the Stetson Temple? Is it a good hat for casual as well as business attire? What's the best color to match both business and casual - mink, caribou, black? Does it wear and hold up well?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Seen the "Excellent" quality Temple for $315.00 (too much) and the crown is too short with too much taper.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I always read about the quality of Stetsons going down after the 1950s. But what about the Stetsons made in Canada? When were they made in Canada? Was the quality good and if so did it drove in the 60s?

Scooterz

Practically Family
Anyone recognize this hat? I saw it somewhere probably on here while I was searching for custom fedoras for ideas but can't remember who made it?

2ab4c5_37ea9a19d3c14ab0885524e565bb0ccc.jpg

Barthalamew

New in Town
I'm new to hats so I'm not entirely sure what I have here, though I am certain that it's rad and vintage. A friend hired me to clear out her garage and rid her of clutter. I found this Stetson hat tucked away. I'm appears to be in great condition (in the original box and everything!)

Any idea when this has was made?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20170309_152744.jpg
    20170309_152744.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 20170313_103851.jpg
    20170313_103851.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 106
Take a better shot of the interior. Look for a size tag inside, in the back. If you don't find one, gently, ever-so-gently, see if the factory one is still behind the leather sweatband, on the side (generally).
If it's a 7-3/4, just send it to me. Sweet lid.

Well that's good news for me I guess haha. Thanks again for the info :)

It's not a desired hat style on the open market. If you put that up for auction on eBay, assuming it was a desired size (7 1/4, 7 1/8, 7 3/8 or such), you might get $25 out of it, but it would also probably sit out there for a while before you got that. In an antique mall, maybe $10.

If you like it, and it fits you OK, and you work out a price you're both happy with, then it has found it's niche.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

RJR

It's not a desired hat style on the open market. If you put that up for auction on eBay, assuming it was a desired size (7 1/4, 7 1/8, 7 3/8 or such), you might get $25 out of it, but it would also probably sit out there for a while before you got that. In an antique mall, maybe $10.

If you like it, and it fits you OK, and you work out a price you're both happy with, then it has found it's niche.

I agree.

Bijan Kafi

New in Town
Good morning! I am considering visiting the Borsalino Outlet Store in Alessandria, Italy soon and was wondering if anyone had any experience. Has anyone been there? Is it worth with regard to prices and selection?

Barthalamew

New in Town

Thank you for your knowledgeable input. Turns out I made off with the hat free of charge! I'm thinking it will make a great gift for a friend of mine who is a theater major and always looking for cool props.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner