Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Well.............. you are two hours from the Stetson Saint Jo outlet in Missouri.......;)
How long can you be gone before they notice?!?!?!?!:rolleyes::)
M:)

I’d totally drive four hours there and back. A day well spent.

Although the last several weeks when I’ve called they tell me they have a large shipment to unpack and I should call back next week... this has gone on for at least five weeks. I don’t know if they’re really not unpacking merchandise or if that is a convenient thing to say to get me off the phone with them having to look for the styles and sizes I’m after. Hmmm.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although the last several weeks when I’ve called they tell me they have a large shipment to unpack and I should call back next week... this has gone on for at least five weeks. I don’t know if they’re really not unpacking merchandise or if that is a convenient thing to say to get me off the phone with them having to look for the styles and sizes I’m after. Hmmm.....

Not only would i put in those 4hours.....I have...:eek::)

An YES......I too have had the same phone conversations with them.......:rolleyes:
M:)

Glad to be in good company. It’s 1,800 miles for me so the phone is all I’ve got.

Yes........not sure the mileage but 6 hours for me........one way........I do have a couple of freinds with planes.......now to only convince them they just cannot live without seeing the outlet...AND buy a hat........hmmmmmmmmm

But, plane or no plane.......I will find a reason to get there.......;)

nvilletele

One of the Regulars
In looking at the Stetson Riley cap I recently acquired and posted about in another thread, I note the inside care/materials label is first in German and in addition to saying "Stetson" on the lining, there is a tag saying Freidrich W. Schneider GmbH & Co. I don't believe this is the parent company of Stetson, so is this a licensee perhaps, and maybe this hat was made for the European market? Just wondering.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

I am continually amazed at how many businesses seem to do everything they can to discourage customers.

Although the last several weeks when I’ve called they tell me they have a large shipment to unpack and I should call back next week... this has gone on for at least five weeks.

I am continually amazed at how many businesses seem to do everything they can to discourage customers.
The St. Joseph Outlet store is just a small store/warehouse operation located in a corner of what used to be the Stetson hat factory. The rest of the bldg has been subleased to someone else. They only have 2-3 women that work there. Probably 75-80% of their inventory is shantung Western hats & Western felts. Most everything is factory seconds & returns from retailers. The small fedora inventory is mostly Stetson & Dobbs. They also have belts & Western bling.

I've seen over the road truck drivers stop & will buy 25-50 hats at a time. Those probably end up being resold on eBay as "promotional" & "clearance" items.

psklenar

One of the Regulars
Well.............. you are two hours from the Stetson Saint Jo outlet in Missouri.......;)
How long can you be gone before they notice?!?!?!?!:rolleyes::)

I'll be honest, I gave it *serious* consideration after seeing your response! Alas, I only had 2 1/2 hours free Friday morning before the wedding events (rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, etc) and other family events started. I wish I had taken an extra day off and came home today, then I could have made the 4hr trip yesterday after everything was over. <sigh>

So ... does anyone know any stores or customer makers near Birmingham, AL? :) I'm taking my dad (83yo) down the first weekend of August to see his remaining brother (87yo) before his brother's Alzheimer's reaches the point where he won't recognize my dad. :(

pat----

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot