Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
I opened this tread about the Dobbs Challenger and it was moved to an old tread with the same name but they dont talk about the DOBBS CHALLENGER AT ALL...LOL

Dobbs Challenger ???
Hi everybody!
What's the deal with the challenger is that just a different model or is of less quality of other Dobbs models?
Thanks!

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
I have one. It is a good hat, but not a GREAT hat. Fairly lightweight. You can find old ads if you look. It is not a lesser quality model, just a named model.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Hello all. I'm looking for a source to purchase hat boxes with oval hat inserts at a reasonable price. I'm hoping that there are at least a few vendors out there that can help me out. I don't need anything too fancy, just plain white boxes that will be suitable for shipping and/or storing my hats. Thanks in advance for your help.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
While there are many discussions of dealing with smoke smell, I have not read any which deal with an old musty smell. Does the baking soda in a plastic bag treatment solve this as well?

Thanks!
Fed

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello. A few older vintage we have had seem to suffer that same OLD musty crud smell. We did two things that worked. One was to put the hat crown side down in a hat box just the way you would to put it away but placed a small sandwich bag with several teaspoons of french vanilla coffee grounds dead center in the inside of the hat with the sandwich bag opening facing up. 24 hours later no musty smell. Old dry newspaper works o.k. also.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Any lounger with a hat jack live near Chester Springs, PA? I ask as a new fellow has a hat that needs to be hat jacked a touch....and he lives in Chester Springs, PA. Thanks!!!!

fedoracentric

Banned
Can someone help me figure out what style hat and age this Knox is....

knox_01.JPG
knox_02.JPG
knox_03.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hello all. I'm looking for a source to purchase hat boxes with oval hat inserts at a reasonable price. I'm hoping that there are at least a few vendors out there that can help me out. I don't need anything too fancy, just plain white boxes that will be suitable for shipping and/or storing my hats. Thanks in advance for your help.

Some of the custom hat makers get their boxes here: http://www.sarahshatboxes.com/

You also might want to contact TonyB here on the forum. He ships his hats in some basic but tough white shipping boxes that are made for hats. I don't know where he gets them, but they might be just what you need.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Luv,

Thanks for the coffee suggestion. It reminds me of something that we did when moving refrigerators. We put ground coffee in the foot of socks and tossed them inside to remove smells.

This might work as well.

Thanks again.

Fed

G MAN

One of the Regulars
sales@hatsdirect.com

The Hattery
Shop 2, 197 Katoomba Street, Katoomba, 2780, Australia.
Australia: Phone: 02 4782 5003 - Fax: 02 4782 6265
Local call Australia wide: 1300 302 146
International: Phone: + 61 2 4782 5003 Fax: + 61 2 4782 6265

Is this what you are looking for?

Last edited:

Big Dave

New in Town
Akubra for the tropics

Hi Guys,

My interest in nice hats has rekindled.

Which of these hats provides more ventilation?
Balmoral (Hemp weave)
Zephyr (Polypropylene)

Thanks,
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay