Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nolucker

New in Town
About Panama hats. I purchased one from Mike Miller at Northwest Hats last summer. It cost $100. Mike gave me my choice of pugs, I included I the price. I think it's made by Capas, it says inside that it is made in Ecuador. Of all my hats, this one gets the most compliments. It's really a nice hat, I will post photos if I figure out how to. You may want to give Mike a call. He's a great guy and a talented hatmaker. I own 2 of his customs, really fine hats and well priced.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Willebe is sitting quietly in the corner hoping to hear the answer to this question as he is in the market for his first legit Fedora.
I believe we are waiting on you for the answer, based on your post:

Fair point; I am looking for a general all around casual or semi-dress that I can wear out and about. The Stetson is new, stock clearance open crown and discounted to same price as a CD.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
About Panama hats. I purchased one from Mike Miller at Northwest Hats last summer. It cost $100. Mike gave me my choice of pugs, I included I the price. I think it's made by Capas, it says inside that it is made in Ecuador. Of all my hats, this one gets the most compliments. It's really a nice hat, I will post photos if I figure out how to. You may want to give Mike a call. He's a great guy and a talented hatmaker. I own 2 of his customs, really fine hats and well priced.
As do I. He has some nice open crown panama hat bodies as well that he will block to your specs.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
There is a sale at Hats In The Belfry for the Premier Open Crown Strat @ $147, but sizes are limited to 7 and 7-5/8, and the only color is Cornhill.

1st time buyers can get a 20% discount by entering your email address...

Willebe

A-List Customer
I believe we are waiting on you for the answer, based on your post:
Hmmm. I did not post the comment about the clearance Stetson that I recall or can find. I honestly think I missed something. My apologies if I caused confusion.

Willebe

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My first hat from Mike was a Capas Panama, nice hat, gets a bunch of summer head time. He just made me a custom panama, at a really great price. Ask him about his bodies.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Hmmm. I did not post the comment about the clearance Stetson that I recall or can find. I honestly think I missed something. My apologies if I caused confusion.

Willebe

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I realise from a thread you started on Stetson Strat and CD's that we are having similar conversations / thoughts which may have caused some confusion, my apologies!

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Hello. Can somebody help me with possibly estimating a year or decade and the model name of this Dobbs vintage? The owner doesn't have the information. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_2017-05-22-02-36-36.png

homesicksteve

Familiar Face
Snapping The Brim Question.

With fur-felt I've followed advice found here in the Lounge & snapped the brim down when wearing,
and back up to put on a hat stand.
Should I do the same with a Panama ? or will the daily up/down weaken the straw ?

Many thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana