Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MatthewPace

New in Town
If you wear a size 6-3/4 then you can do a lot better than that. Look on ebay some more and you'll see what I mean. Are you sure that's your size?

I am positive that I'm a 6 3/4. I've been looking for a while and I guess because I'm looking for something in brown or gray to eventually wear with my blue suit, I'm a little stuck. I'm also trying to stick with brands that I know, like Stetson, Dobbs, Borsalino, and Cavanagh. I did find one on Etsy though that doesn't seem too bad. It's my size, in gray, and it's a 1940s Adam Premier Aquashed Fedora Chrome Pacesetter. So when you say that I can do a lot better, that I should be able to find them cheaper?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hello Gentleman,

I'm new here and am looking to purchase my first vintage fedora. I've managed to find a beautiful Royal Stetson 6 3/4 in Chestnut. It appears to be in decent condition and is close to the brim size I prefer as well. I am however unsure on the price. It's a '47 - '64 era Stetson that's made of felt. Being new to this game I am unsure if the price tag is worth it. It's listed as $299 or best offer. My birthday is this week and I'd love to grab it as a gift to myself. Any thoughts? The below picture is one of the photos of the fedora View attachment 89490
Noooooooooooooooooooo. Slow down. Don't rush. You can do better for alot less...

MatthewPace

New in Town
Noooooooooooooooooooo. Slow down. Don't rush. You can do better for alot less...

Thank you Bob. I totally understand. I love the hat but I'm not crazy. Part of me wants to try and haggle with the guy but if that's his starting price then there's no way he'll come down to anything reasonable or normal. If y'all have any "leads", I will greatly appreciate them. I have checked the classifieds here a few times.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Bob. I totally understand. I love the hat but I'm not crazy. Part of me wants to try and haggle with the guy but if that's his starting price then there's no way he'll come down to anything reasonable or normal. If y'all have any "leads", I will greatly appreciate them. I have checked the classifieds here a few times.
Wlcm Matt. Cuz of yer size you should be able to find something you like as much if not more on ebay for half the price. Maybe less.

Hello Gentleman,

I'm new here and am looking to purchase my first vintage fedora. I've managed to find a beautiful Royal Stetson 6 3/4 in Chestnut. It appears to be in decent condition and is close to the brim size I prefer as well. I am however unsure on the price. It's a '47 - '64 era Stetson that's made of felt. Being new to this game I am unsure if the price tag is worth it. It's listed as $299 or best offer. My birthday is this week and I'd love to grab it as a gift to myself. Any thoughts? The below picture is one of the photos of the fedora View attachment 89490
I can only dream of the hats I'd own if I was that size! My goodness man you are spoiled for choice. Every day I come across some drool-worthy hat(s) that is in your size. You can have several pristine vintage hats in your size for $300.

You could also get a custom Gannon for that money! Give it a week or two of looking and you'll find something. I know it won't be in time for your birthday, but if it were me....

MatthewPace

New in Town
I'm no Borsalino expert. I do have a similar Borsalino that I like, but I don't wear it much. The tag being exclusively in Punti measurements makes me think it's older. Like I said, I don't know much. If you don't get a satisfactory answer here you should try the Borsalino Brotherhood thread.

Wonderful. I will do so and see what they think. It doesn't help my cause either that I'm a little bit specific with the brim size but it's because I love the brim size of my Panama Fedora that I purchased from Goorin not too long ago

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Hello Gentleman,

Curious where you get those years from ?

do you have interior photos of the hat ?

MatthewPace

New in Town
Curious where you get those years from ?

do you have interior photos of the hat ?

I procured the years from the description of the hat. I can include more photos, yes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Stets...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 12.43.03 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 12.42.46 AM.png

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

MatthewPace

New in Town
The years in the description seem to be incorrect

That is a later hat

and that price is ludicrous

I completely. I didn't think that the era was correct and all of this seller's prices are ludicrous. It's kind of annoying because he has some really nice hats. I'm tempted to give him a best offer but he won't like it because it'll be under $200 for sure. Maybe even under $100

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I completely. I didn't think that the era was correct and all of this seller's prices are ludicrous. It's kind of annoying because he has some really nice hats. I'm tempted to give him a best offer but he won't like it because it'll be under $200 for sure. Maybe even under $100
There are much nicer hats in your size literally everywhere for way better prices

Vintage hats are in abundance in your size ... and for peanuts

MatthewPace

New in Town
There are much nicer hats in your size literally everywhere for way better prices

Vintage hats are in abundance in your size ... and for peanuts

Do you have an places that you recommend I look? I must be looking in the wrong places. I do prefer a 2 5/8" brim size but it doesn't have to be exact. Just over 2".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy