Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JamesC

Familiar Face
IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
While softer to the touch than wool, cashmere is not super delicate. A light to medium warm ironing should be fine imo. And if its thin and light it may very well breath well enough to be cool on your head except in direct summer sun.

Light showers should be fine. Getting any cap soaked runs the risk of losing its shape, but setting on a rounded hat stand will help as it dries. Ironing is also an option.

I was actually hoping you were looking to sell it! Do you have pics to post, and does the shop have a website?
Thanks Tukwila. I tried the warm iron, with steam, and she's wrinkle free.

I'll try to include the pics from the website. I've just relocated back to Turkey from your neck of the woods. So I haven't got my new Turkish phone set up to size photos, so no head shots yet.

There's also the Websites url, but I'm pretty sure they only deliver in country, but any Doria hats they have you could get in the US for probably the same bread, or less. I paid about a buck/forty for this one, so it's definitely not discounted ,};^))
Screenshot_20210324_195321_com.huawei.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20210324_195336_com.huawei.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20210324_195321_com.huawei.browser.jpg

Emilis

Familiar Face
Hello people.

Looking for a name for this metal part of the rounding jack. Anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_20210318_192208.jpg
    IMG_20210318_192208.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 650
  • IMG_20210318_192222.jpg
    IMG_20210318_192222.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 707
  • IMG_20210318_192213.jpg
    IMG_20210318_192213.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 813

Oyvind

New in Town
Hey, guys!

I'm considering buying a fishing hat because my head just doesn't look good with a typical outdoor cap. I found this video I'm wondering if any of you are able to id it for me? I tried to google it for a few ours, but my knowledge of hats is very limited.

It's from a Patagonia product video on Youtube:

Best regards,
Skjermbilde 2021-03-29 kl. 22.07.53.png

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Hey, guys!

I'm considering buying a fishing hat because my head just doesn't look good with a typical outdoor cap. I found this video I'm wondering if any of you are able to id it for me? I tried to google it for a few ours, but my knowledge of hats is very limited.

Best regards,
View attachment 322516

It will be impossible to name a brand as the dude could have have bought it anywhere., including a shopping mall. (someone may recognize the hat band though) It might be worthwhile checking all the videos in the channel just in case it was sold through the company.
Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 18.29.30 - Edited.png
What we can tell you is it's a straw hat with what looks like a Montana crease (AKA Gus crease) & a brim with a pencil roll.
Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 18.37.33 - Edited.png

It will be impossible to name a brand as the dude could have have bought it anywhere., including a shopping mall. (someone may recognize the hat band though) It might be worthwhile checking all the videos in the channel just in case it was sold through the company. View attachment 322814 What we can tell you is it's a straw hat with what looks like a Montana crease (AKA Gus crease) & a brim with a pencil roll.
View attachment 322816
Could the hat be replicated by a Sunbody hat from Peters Bros?

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Hey, guys!

Best regards,
View attachment 322516
There's no telling for sure who made the hat without seeing some of it's innards, but you can get one that looks very similar for a reasonable price from Sunbody Hats. They're not lightweight and you may want to swap out the headband, but they like water and you can customize your brim width.

Hello all... yesterday I installed an SSL cert on my vintage website in an attempt to improve the Google Chrome handling of linked image files (they were being suppressed, I think, for not having an https prefix). If you have had trouble accessing my linked images, please let me know if this has helped. Many thanks!

091918_1.jpg

Fellows I love this vintage Boy Scout leader hat but it is not aligned properly...kind of twisted. Any suggestions on where I should call and send it off to would be appreciated. I am assuming it needs to be steamed and reblocked View attachment 323487 is what you would call it. Thank you Susan
You could send it to me but that would be expensive with the postage alone! I suggest you play with it yourself....felt is so forgiving. A good steam iron, a press cloth and a bit of elbow grease and you can flatten the brim. The crown if you stay with a similar bash can be taken back to open crown, again, with a generous amount of steam, something round to manipulate the felt from the inside. You could try an old softball. The leather band if at all is likely held by just a stitch or two or even more likely just tension.

Sexy Rexy

Familiar Face
You could send it to me but that would be expensive with the postage alone! I suggest you play with it yourself....felt is so forgiving. A good steam iron, a press cloth and a bit of elbow grease and you can flatten the brim. The crown if you stay with a similar bash can be taken back to open crown, again, with a generous amount of steam, something round to manipulate the felt from the inside. You could try an old softball. The leather band if at all is likely held by just a stitch or two or even more likely just tension.
I appreciate the reply...it’s pretty thick and hard felt. I guess if I can’t hurt it I’m willing to try. Thank you

It will be impossible to name a brand as the dude could have have bought it anywhere., including a shopping mall. (someone may recognize the hat band though) It might be worthwhile checking all the videos in the channel just in case it was sold through the company. View attachment 322814 What we can tell you is it's a straw hat with what looks like a Montana crease (AKA Gus crease) & a brim with a pencil roll.
View attachment 322816
There seems to be something similar to a “Gus,” but the brim is only flanged and possibly has a brim binding. Here is a pencil roll being applied...

C3E31BA6-0C5B-4AA7-A2FD-C7631362E4AD.jpeg
That’s my guess, and I’m sticking to it...

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a few projects in mind and need real answers. The question is the Rothco sun helmet. Does it fit a 7 1/2 hat size (60cm)
https://www.rothco.com/product/rothco-pith-helmets
I know the ones from TheVillageHatShop only go up to 7 3/8 then you need the big head version. Just don’t want to waist money on shipping and all.
I want to make a Hot Rod/marketing helmet I can graffiti up.
2BDE6934-8C1E-49B1-8FDA-C55FC3E59C20.jpeg

DBB63189-81FE-442E-9A7C-C6D754127692.jpeg

8DD9DD57-0196-42AE-81CB-202E0BCC8C70.jpeg

6860399F-1850-4284-8234-689A61F80912.jpeg

Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch