Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I don’t wear the caps I have and I was still tempted by a few of these. The temptation was easy to resist as they didn’t have any of the caps I liked in stock in my size.

While I don’t see one of their caps in my future, I did find one of their fedoras to be a distinct possibility. It’s a handsome hat with a 3.25” brim and 6.25” open crown….I’ve requested an email when they have it in stock (supposedly this month).

View attachment 461609

https://thomasfarthing.co.uk/products/claremont-fedora-cadet-grey
THAT seems like a properly proportioned hat!!!!! Let us know....

Granville

One of the Regulars
I found two items that are different "brands" but have the same factory tag. Same Hat with different liners and sweats?
Belfry Tag.jpg
Bedford Tag.jpg

Both hats are "Style 1441"
One sweat reads "5x Genuine Fur Felt", the other "Genuine Fur Felt XXXXX" And one has a small size tag with "Custom Made in USA". They are different sizes, but fundamentally the same hat from same factory. Yes?
Belfry Sweat.jpg
Bedford sweat Beaver.jpg

StoryPNW

Practically Family
I found two items that are different "brands" but have the same factory tag. Same Hat with different liners and sweats? View attachment 462176 View attachment 462178
Both hats are "Style 1441"
One sweat reads "5x Genuine Fur Felt", the other "Genuine Fur Felt XXXXX" And one has a small size tag with "Custom Made in USA". They are different sizes, but fundamentally the same hat from same factory. Yes?
View attachment 462175 View attachment 462177
I believe those are both "Beaver Brand" hats made for different brands.

Granville

One of the Regulars

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

A few years ago I was working with a young crew (twenties and thirties), mixed ethnicities, and we were working on November 11 so I asked the gang if they knew why this day was celebrated. Of course, none of the pups knew, but one of the guys, closer to forty and from Poland, said, "I don't know about America, but in my country it's Independence Day."

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found a great sale on Tilley winter hats. Both are the same model that have winter ear flaps that fold down for cold days. I am thinking of keeping only one. Leaning towards the black. The grey seem to light for my complexion. What do you guys think?
7B538900-3143-4F8D-88D0-CA3C7F888BBE.jpeg
01BE832D-2F7A-4541-A765-6B6092022C08.jpeg
DB8B3D1E-10D1-4B1C-AF52-F49A4E120F97.jpeg

63EFC6BF-3599-4B12-9D68-60FA4345E0E8.jpeg

They feel very James Spader from the black list.
Let me know your opinions
Johnny

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Found a great sale on Tilley winter hats. Both are the same model that have winter ear flaps that fold down for cold days. I am thinking of keeping only one. Leaning towards the black. The grey seem to light for my complexion. What do you guys think? View attachment 464219 View attachment 464220 View attachment 464221

View attachment 464222

Johnny
If you can, I'd go for them both, Johnny. I see what you mean about the black one, but the grey one with it's heather type felt suits you, too.

Plus, it will somewhat lighten the dark days of winter.

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Found a great sale on Tilley winter hats. Both are the same model that have winter ear flaps that fold down for cold days. I am thinking of keeping only one. Leaning towards the black. The grey seem to light for my complexion. What do you guys think? View attachment 464219 View attachment 464220 View attachment 464221

View attachment 464222

Johnny
I like both colors, the grey looks just as good as the black on you in my opinion. I think if it was me I would probably wear the grey one more. But either way is a win. :)

The Shoe

One Too Many

View attachment 464222

Johnny
Yep, I think the black looks better, but there’s certainly nothing wrong with the grey either.
I’m with Steve. If you’ve got room, keep ‘em both.

Last edited:

dkstott

Practically Family
This might be more appropriate in the hat making section. But I'll start here

The stitching of my cap that holds the body to the brim is coming loose.

Is it possible to re-sew it on my own?

Or do I just leave it alone?

20221116_073801.jpg

This might be more appropriate in the hat making section. But I'll start here

The stitching of my cap that holds the body to the brim is coming loose.

Is it possible to re-sew it on my own?

Or do I just leave it alone?

View attachment 465267
The upside with wool fabric is that it easily hides the stitches. I would def attempt it. Just match the thread colour. My apporach would be to cut the original thread back enough so you can thread a needle then tie it off. Then with a new strand of thread sew the loose part doing your best to bury the stitches back enough, out of view. Perhaps overlap the new stitching a bit with the old. Use Polyester thread as it won't rot like a cotton thread would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112