Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Recommendations, suggestions and examples, please, of ribbon colors that pair well with a Natural felt. Thanks in advance.
I think this is the best combination I've seen on a natural.

IMG_4071.jpeg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
^^^That is the "Slate" ribbon from Michael Gannon, I believe. I liked that hat so well I asked him to make one very similar to it. Very interesting colors and shades in that vintage ribbon.

1691973419646.png

My only other hat in natural felt is from Rick Walker, at Phoenix. It has a navy blue ribbon, and goes great with blue jeans and most colors of shirts:
1691973067091.png

I probably wear these two hats as much as all my others combined.

Good luck with your choices! Picking colors can be a real bear, and then they never look like the photos anyway. ;)

Recommendations, suggestions and examples, please, of ribbon colors that pair well with a Natural felt. Thanks in advance.
I am going to make a hat for myself out of a Natural beaver felt. I am leaning strongly to a mid to high contrasting dark brown.....on both the crown and a 12 ligne brim binding on a modified homburg curl. If interested I can snap some pics to post.

The Shoe

One Too Many

I am going to make a hat for myself out of a Natural beaver felt. I am leaning strongly to a mid to high contrasting dark brown.....on both the crown and a 12 ligne brim binding on a modified homburg curl. If interested I can snap some pics to post.
I went for a dark brown ribbon with brim binding that matches the felt for my only natural coloured felt, my Hornskov Mogul. I like it.
IMG_0765.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thanks gents for all the feedback. I have a Gannon granite with either (I forget) the Slate or Commando ribbon (ie, purple-ish), and I am drawn to that combination. I was hoping to see a brown ribbon (thank you) and maybe a grey ribbon to see if I might be drawn in either of those directions. I have a tan two-tone on my Phoenix Natural but want to go with something more traditional on this one.

Yes, Robert, I'd like to see some pics of your early ideas for a Natural.

20200508_195425.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thanks gents for all the feedback. I have a Gannon granite with either (I forget) the Slate or Commando ribbon (ie, purple-ish), and I am drawn to that combination. I was hoping to see a brown ribbon (thank you) and maybe a grey ribbon to see if I might be drawn in either of those directions. I have a tan two-tone on my Phoenix Natural but want to go with something more traditional on this one.

Yes, Robert, I'd like to see some pics of your early ideas for a Natural.

View attachment 539875
I will snap some pics with the Natural and a charcoal grey ribbon as well.

Wangenheim

Familiar Face
I guess I'm not smart enough to use the search function, but is there a way to not only search threads like "Hats", but also only a "sub thread" like "ask a question, get an answer"?

milandro

A-List Customer
I think that if you click on SEARCH ( top right hand side) you have the option to search ( scroll menu on the right side) everywhere , threads this forum , THIS THREAD,

so if you do this while on the thread that you want to search and search the term and chose the option (right side of the box) this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo