Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bruce got the juice - Bruce Willis' Jacket

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Okay... no nasty fights, please.

I spoke with a guy who knows Tony Nowak. The official version of the jacket story is as follows.

Bruce Willis specifically asked Nowak to make a 1940's style jacket for the movie and requested extra-long sleeves.

Tony produced it.

The studio distressed the jacket.

Tony has a very good reputation in Hollywood, having made the jacket for the last Indy Jones film, amongst others.

Nowak doesn't chase easy sales, like, for instance, Wested Leather with their preposterous certificate of authenticity for an Indy jacket that is quite unlike the movie version.

The only reason the Surrogates jacket is available is because a fan of the film asked Tony to make him one - other requests followed.

I realise there will be members who think this is BS. And I do not know Nowak, so I am in no proper position to vouch for this story.

I remain fascinated by the aging of this jacket which I concede certainly appears to be vintage.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm happy sitting on the fence - as long as it's for the right reasons. The only problem is that it chafes my thighs... :p

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Just found this thread!

I can't really add any further useful info to this debate, but I was surprised to see how similar Bruce's jacket was to one I picked up in 2008.

I've no idea who the maker is but I thought it would be interested to compare the wear pattern.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29051501@N08/sets/72157623658784826/

4448949218_8f2ae3b596.jpg
4448946630_991be0e328.jpg

4448941298_00a12da7d7_b.jpg

4448945150_046a57cbfd_b.jpg

jon z

One of the Regulars
Hey Mike that's a swell looking jacket. I particularly like the tab closures on the lower, front pockets.

BTW is that Southampton, England you hark from as we are neighbours if so?

dr greg

One Too Many
Commercial opportunity goes begging

Seb Lucas said:
Okay... no nasty fights, please.

Tony produced it.

The studio distressed the jacket.
They have distressed more moviegoers than jackets over the years I'll wager, but I say again, if a process exists to take new leather and make it look like that, why hasn't someone taken the ball and run with it, producing more, and flogging them for vast sums on the net?
They would sell like hot food in winter, and look at what people pay for NEW ones in that style.....it would be a goldmine, but we see nothing, not even on this Nowak guy's site........

westinghouse

One of the Regulars
Which Aero looks the most like the Bruce Willis Surrogates jacket?

I want Aero to make his jacket for me in the same length and color. Which model and hide should I order?

JanSolo

Practically Family
Correct HD!! Another (more mid weight but colourwise very good) leather option would be seal jerky horsehide. Apart from that it's the 1930s Halfbelt with the bits and pieces added that HoosierDaddy mentioned. The common riding tartan is a very good plaid lining option for this type of jacket.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I don't think the Surrogates jacket cost $975, it's only for the Raiders in Shrunken Lamb

I think this one should be around $750 but not sure, best is to give a phone call to Tony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn