Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you ID Morrissey's jacket?

fnoprx

Familiar Face

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Allow me to help with the IMG code.

And before this turns into a thread of insecure people trying to be "cool" by knocking on modern culture, here you go. Let's keep things on track. This thread is about the vintage jacket.

beethovensign.jpg

5017695031_da53c5802f_b.jpg

leanwall.jpg

Last edited:

Red Baron

Banned
http://newsthump.com/2011/07/29/your-leather-sofa-is-worse-than-the-holocaust-insists-morrissey/

Like Bono, Morrissey rubs elbows with business tycoons that profit greatly from blood, sweat and tears, but if you own a leather coach or a horsehide jacket, then you are the devil incarnate to him. Morrisey wrote some very good songs bakc in the 80's, but he is a pompous hypocritical windbag today.

I must say though that his jean jacket in the photo looks quite nice. Good call. you know good fashion when you see it, Fnoprx. Wish I could help you identify it. There are so many jean jackets these days I fear you will never know the answer but I hope you do find out.

fnoprx

Familiar Face
Haha - completely forgot that Morrissey is a fanatical vegetarian and of course hates leather jackets. I love a lot of Morrisseys music, and I find him extremely funny (actually much more funny than miserable, though that is how he is often perceived) - but I also love leather jackets (and boots and belts etc.).

Still hope that someone can name the jacket. The Levis type 2 is my absolute favorite denim jacket, and this one has a bit of that magic.

And thanks for helping out with the photos...

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
The jacket he's wearing is made by Buckaroo Big Smith. Easy to spot by the sloping top panel and they also have a horse shoe arcuate on the pockets but you can't really see that here.

That's a Ford Zodiac Mk3 he's leaning on in the second picture.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Dinerman for the info. I'm not knocking Morrisey - I've never heard of him. I listen to classical music, old blues recordings and some jazz, so pop and rock are styles I know very little about. Oh, I do like Tom Waits, but buggered if I know what style he is. More of a cabaret artist, I think. And for the record, I am not cool. ;)

Last edited:

Red Baron

Banned
Why pamper life's complexity
When the leather runs smooth
On the passenger seat

This lyric is typical of Morrissey. It shows he did at one time admire leather very much, despite now being so adamantly against leather of any kind. He wrote some very smart lyrics in an era when lyrics were insipid generally especially the top forty hits of the day. However, and despite his distinctive singing voice, he was painfully flat. I was not allowed to play Smiths songs in my mother's house. Why? She could not stand Morrissey's tone deaf ear and flat singing. Morrissey is very rich today even by rock star stanards. Why? Real estate investments in London's Soho district at just the right time (mid 80's). He made some very powerful friends in some very exclusive clubs and they helped invest his money for maximum gain. And with all his money he still has a tone deaf ear but nobody cares. He is rich and famous and made being tone deaf fashionable

Todd V

Familiar Face
Jeans

I don't know about the jacket but he is known to like vintage Levis denim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran