Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discontinued!

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
Bourjois Rouge Violine Pour Les Divines lipstick. A gorgeous dark wine red, and the formula smells of roses. I'll be very sad when this tube runs out.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
My favorite perfume, Creed's Angelique Encens, was discontinued last year and I live in fear of the day that I run out of my supply. Rumor had it that it would still be available through the Creed boutique in Paris, but I've since heard that they refuse to make it at all. :(

DigThatBeat

Familiar Face
MAC Sockhop lipglass from the Heatherette collection.
MAC Powersuit mattene lipstick, it's the perfect matte, strawberry-red.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
I sigh for the loss of all the MAC RetroMatte lipsticks, but in particular Sobe...
its that perfectly 40s purple in ultra matte, and I use mine SOOOO sparingly, because I know there won't be any more!

img-thing

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Miss Scarlet said:
Yves Rocher. I used to love their exfoliant and everything used to smell yummy.

Slightly :eek:fftopic: Now this was back in the 70's or early 80's, but YR had an apple toothpaste which I remember to this day - yummy! I love their Chevrefeuille scent.

I believe that Joy perfume as we know it has disappeared. It's one of my favourites, but I doubt I'll be repurchasing, even if the new formula "passes muster", just out of principle. (I can think of about a million substances that should be regulated before jasmine, and also, if it's P&G, it ain't for me.)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pdxvintagette said:
I sigh for the loss of all the MAC RetroMatte lipsticks...
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:( :( :(

And here I am with a gift card. I guess I will try the Ruby Woo in what they now call Matte and see if it's acceptable. Loved the dry flat thickness of the Retro Matte line.

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Gracie Lee said:
How odd. Near me, Target and CVS both take make up returns, no questions asked. Which is good if you have the random allergic reaction, like I do. I think many stores have changed their policies in the last couple years... Have you checked with their customer service dept lately?
:eek:fftopic:
Unfortunatly in the UK you can't return ANY use cosmetics, not even high end ones, not even MAC. (I have returned MAC unused though) I hear about US gals returning things all the time and feel really jealous. I can't even sell tested products on ebay anymore!

Lillemor

One Too Many
Revlon isn't discontinued, I just live in the wrong country. Right now I'm completely blank on anything discontinued it's more an issue of reformulation in fx. lipstick shades or fragrances and it really winds me up!:mad:

If it hadn't been glittery I would've mourned MAC's discontinuation of Vivacious lipstick. That was a good pink shade on me.

When I first joined I think I mentioned a Bourjois cherry shade lipstick but we don't appear to have Bourjois here anymore and I actually thought their lipstick formula was better than MAC and other higher end brands.

melanie

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
Boots Original Formula rose cold cream :(

Oh and Rimmel eyebrow pencil in black.

Oh no, so they have discontinued this! Do you know if any of the other Original Beauty Formula things have been discontinued?

Puzzicato

One Too Many
swinggal said:
I loved the the BS lip inks too :( They really lasted and felt like you were wearing nothing. I've tried a another brand since but it never lasts.

And I knew I was old when I went into a store and asked about them, and the girl said "I'm sorry, but I have worked here for 7 years and I don't remember ever stocking them!"

So no wonder they were discontinued - the one I have still works well after about 10 years; no one ever re-bought!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
bunnyb.gal said:
I believe that Joy perfume as we know it has disappeared. It's one of my favourites, but I doubt I'll be repurchasing, even if the new formula "passes muster", just out of principle. (I can think of about a million substances that should be regulated before jasmine, and also, if it's P&G, it ain't for me.)

What? That is a tragedy!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
melanie said:
Oh no, so they have discontinued this! Do you know if any of the other Original Beauty Formula things have been discontinued?

Thats what i was told in the store. The products being sold off on offer (chepest item free) and now they are gone entirely form my local stores (Wirral & Liverpool central area- I checked a few stores). But someone on here said they were still in thier local Boots- so maybe it's a regional thing.... the marketing blub said they were launched to celebrate a Boots 160th anniversary so I didn't think they were a permanent line anyway. They still have the 'tradtional' line though (don't like the handcream- it feels and smells funny to me- and tastes weirdly sweet- don't ask!:p )

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
And here I am with a gift card. I guess I will try the Ruby Woo in what they now call Matte and see if it's acceptable. Loved the dry flat thickness of the Retro Matte line.

The Russian Red is really good and the texture is pretty similar to what you're describing here.

melanie

One of the Regulars
Tishkaminx said:
Thats what i was told in the store. The products being sold off on offer (chepest item free) and now they are gone entirely form my local stores (Wirral & Liverpool central area- I checked a few stores). But someone on here said they were still in thier local Boots- so maybe it's a regional thing.... the marketing blub said they were launched to celebrate a Boots 160th anniversary so I didn't think they were a permanent line anyway. They still have the 'tradtional' line though (don't like the handcream- it feels and smells funny to me- and tastes weirdly sweet- don't ask!:p )

The traditional line? I have never heard of this line, I will have to check it out. I really do hope our Boots still have the OBF range in, I love this range. :)

Quick edit:-, I've just searched for the traditional line and cant find anything?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
melanie said:
Quick edit:-, I've just searched for the traditional line and cant find anything?

Quick! Try Ebay! Discontinued products are often available on Ebay, but obviously the longer you wait, the harder they are to get!

melanie

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
The traditional line has never to my knowledge been available on the Boots website, only in store and even then only in bigger stores. Hope that helps!

Thanks Fleur, do you know what the Traditional line consists of?
Love your blog btw :)

MissHannah

One Too Many
The traditional line is cold cream, rosewater and glycerine toner and a couple of other bits. It's in very plain packaging and doesn't cost much. They have it in the small Boots near where I work - I think it's aimed at the older ladies.

coldcream.jpg

(Sorry Fleur - stole your photo!)

boots_glyc_rosewater_toner.jpg

I managed to get 2 tubs of the Original Formula rose cold cream on Ebay - they will just have to last!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24