do you dare to commit to wear a single jacket for a month through all your waking hours?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by navetsea, Oct 9, 2019 at 1:43 PM.

1. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I can barely even keep a jacket for a whole damn month...

2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

I get what and why you’re doing this and it sounds intriguing.
    But the sirens sweetly singing from my jacket rack would be deafening in about an hour. The sad puppy looks and the whispers “wear me, wear me” as a walked by would be more than i could abandon.
    So...i’ll just enjoy vicariously all y’ all’s endeavors.
    B

Jejupe, dudewuttheheck, Dav and 2 others like this.
  3. roadking04

roadking04 One of the Regulars

@navetsea, Sounds like a great plan. We need before and after pics.

@Carlos840, That Lost worlds looks awesome. The dedication was well worth it.

Carlos840 and navetsea like this.
  4. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

I wont post daily but sure once i can see things happening will post:D

roadking04 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  5. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

Jacket Junkie - curious about your comment - "Not allowed to wear a jacket in the Library..." really? Where I went to grad school, it was well known that you took your jacket or sweater with you in the summer, as they kept it around 65F in there, so you got pretty cold. Is this a fear-thing about someone doing something crazy?

I also would not be able to put that kind of time in per day, where I work it sometimes could happen, but most times not. At home, I am often painting, woodworking and hanging drywall, so a no-go unless reading. Out and about yes, but not in the Gym.

navetsea likes this.
  6. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I like the idea and could actually do it however as the weather is cooling I've been looking forward to playing, oh my god what's he got on today, with the rest of the village to be able to commit.

7. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I now have a large bag full of jackets I am sending off to my local thrift shop.

8. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

I love the idea of this. I MIGHT try this with my new Aero when it arrives, but I doubt I'll be able to actually make it that long. My other jackets just beg to be worn. Plus, it's just too warm to wear a leather jacket every day here right now.

Monitor and navetsea like this.
  9. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

When I got my first A2, the Aero Battersea contract, I wore this everywhere. Maybe not 12 hrs but to work and down the RnR clubs and when not at those places just about everywhere else. I lived in that jacket and rarely took it off unless it was summer and the sun was blazing, even in the rain and once in the rain crawling underneath my old Ford Zodiac when the column change gearbox rods jammed up due to slackness.
    I doubt I have worn a jacket since then as much. This old thing was always on my back and sometimes on others ;) until I decided it needed a rest and maybe meet it's maker.
    So no, I could not really rise to the challenge these days but when the colder weather comes I do tend to wear them in rotation of maybe a week or however the weather decides which I should wear. At the moment it is a rather beat up Eastman B3 around the house, doze while watching tv, or sometimes outside even :)
    Good luck, you'll get a real patina on that garment, no need to speed it up either as it will be all natural.

The Battersea Contract ;)

PS. Fluorescent light Vs Sunlight.
    P4280010.jpg P6030029.jpg

torfjord, Herman F., Boyo and 6 others like this.
  10. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

It's a state-funded library on campus.. I'm not sure what their reasoning is. I don't think it's a fear thing though, we don't have much of that crazy stuff going on in Germany. It's probably precaution to avoid people smuggling out books, atleast that's the best thing I can come up with.

11. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Just love the idea. Although most of my jackets wouldn’t see 12 hours wear in a year......
    Weekend wear only, over winter which amounts to about maybe 8 weeks here in Sydney.
    Currently have 6 leather jackets & have no idea why.

El Marro and navetsea like this.
  12. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

with a brand new jacket, it is hardly a challenge man, instinctively you'll grab it at least until you have something else newer or over the honeymoon feeling:D

13. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

yeah I remember your thread about it, great patina on that jacket!!! I would be happy to arrive at 1/10 of that patina level by the end of the month :)

rocketeer likes this.
  14. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

That looks too cool, @rocketeer ! What leather is it?

@navetsea , you didn't tell us which jacket is it going to be?

I'll go with Aero's Lee. What else.

15. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

I’m in..
    I purchased this brown CXL HH Aero 1930 half belt this year in late spring, it wasn’t worn much by its first owner and I haven’t worn it outside yet.. until today and for the next 30 days ( or as often as possible )

Day 1 9045B9D9-4500-4248-9ED4-87A0537D881A.jpeg 9ECBB764-37A2-483B-98B0-53308E030424.jpeg 6C6A2B44-C87A-4C65-8042-B891F1553838.jpeg

16. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

I did, I wore this LW test everyday for two months, the only jacket I had at that time.
    New
    IMG_2840.JPG
    After two months
    IMG_5023.JPG

17. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That's a great fit!

Boyo likes this.
  18. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

Where do you live? Lol.

19. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

Why not try to sell them here in the Classifieds?

20. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Yeah. Someone's just gonna pick them up at the thrift store and make a profit off them. Nothing wrong with that but might as well be you.