do you dare to commit to wear a single jacket for a month through all your waking hours?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by navetsea, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Chris7273

Chris7273 Familiar Face

Interesting post.
    I wore my 4 years old Aero Bootlegger in brown vicenza keather during a city/road trip of 4 days. During these 4 days, I wore continuously the jacket as were were mainly outside for visits and in/out of the car quite often.
    Even with the 4 years old patina, the jacket has acquired an extra heavy patina during these 4 days of continuous wearing : nothing better than rain, sweat, body warmth, and movement to age leather :)
    I would like to post some pictures of how the jacket is now but I never managed to capture the nature of the beast...
    Very happy :)

navetsea and Tommer45 like this.
  2. navetsea

navetsea My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Back to the 30 day quest, probably my day 22 light conditioned by hand along the sleeve and front while being worn, it felt a bit dry being hung outside all month, i will try to wear it all day if weather allows.

3. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Last week I was in Florida for a few days no leather necessary

Day 11-

11BF3305-522E-46A6-8833-F88E4817FDC8.jpeg 52E8A7EA-C170-4BCF-A088-839F6F9DB967.jpeg 9A200663-A7C4-4681-BE98-346AD9C93357.jpeg 36FFD32B-591E-44D3-8FB3-EE9CB93DBAED.jpeg

4. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

I've given my Schott 613SH about 30 days of wear, having missed a only 2-3 days since my commitment. I wore it all day long for about half of those days and at least a few hours on the others. It has comfortably molded to my body and become softer. Graining is emerging slowly.

IMG_7742.jpg IMG_7733.jpg IMG_7734.jpg IMG_7735.jpg IMG_7736.jpg IMG_7737.jpg IMG_7739.jpg IMG_7740.jpg IMG_7741.jpg
    IMG_7738.jpg

5. navetsea

Great commitment and result everyone.... i m still lacking behind still have 7 more days to go.

6. navetsea

[​IMG] raining again today, i think the biggest gain on my goat is how the torso drapes, with the same pants, belt, wallet, same weight, the left panel is somewhere early in the challenge, and the right panel is today. Now it has frowning down turning creases countering crisscrossing those upturning creases from before.

nick123 likes this.
  7. navetsea

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think I still have 3 more days to go on this, but I think this is the maximum broken in state I could get on this maybe color would fade more and perhaps more back creases but i call it a wrap for now totally happy with how the torso panel takes shape . And so from december I can start with another

8. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Day 17-

C28B573D-A438-43FB-A1F1-6942425B6521.jpeg

9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

After 3 days of constant wear (both inside and out) my CXL jacket is beginning to show some signs of life.
    BA72D284-CF81-43FF-915E-A606006A868D.jpeg

Alexlutov, mtrlr, AeroFan_07 and 15 others like this.
  10. navetsea

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Day 2 morning

AeroFan_07, torfjord, Monitor and 4 others like this.
  11. ofelas

ofelas New in Town

Couple years back, the missus & I spent 3 months over Christmas & New Year, in Scotland & Northern Europe.

Trains, planes, North Sea fishing boats, etc., rain, sleet & the occasional snow, our daily & only outerwear was a Connolly Highwayman for me, and a Lewis Leathers Lightning for her.

AeroFan_07, willyto, nick123 and 2 others like this.
  12. navetsea

[​IMG]my day 3

torfjord, Monitor, nick123 and 3 others like this.
  13. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

I failed in my previous effort- a Cafe Racer is not a jacket for each and every day and all weathers. I may re-attempt the month with another jacket (just not the Aero Goat HB- it'll look almost exactly the same). I often wish I only had two Aeros, then I'd have worn them both in totally at this point.

14. navetsea

I spent 2 months for a 1 month challenge it is fine man, just take a little longer to get there if you don't wear it daily but still you can make a tick in notebook or a piece of card everytime you wear it, might take half a year if you are in different season, easier for someone like me who live in 2 seasons zone warm dry and warm + raining:confused:

handymike likes this.
  15. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Great idea!
    A little card can fit in the chest pocket :). I’m on day 7 of my CXL Aero... pics when the sun rises. This is the first CXL jacket I haven’t done any HWT with...just letting it break-in with wear.

Boyo, roadking04 and navetsea like this.
  16. ofelas

ofelas New in Town

HWT?

17. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Hot Water Treatment

18. navetsea

Hot woman tailing?

19. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Cold water treatment on day 24

AA7A0F99-1E78-4B48-846F-67205034FEB9.jpeg

20. navetsea

[​IMG]
    Day 4

torfjord, AbbaDatDeHat and Monitor like this.