Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you dare to commit to wear a single jacket for a month through all your waking hours?

Well, I may have failed miserably with the Aero 101J BUT suddenly a new challenger appears. I've been wearing this sucker 12 days straight and I don't see switching to anything else any time soon so I'd like to officially enter the Speed Demon for the contest.

This is what it looks like now. Of course, I don't expect it to look any different after 30 months, let alone days but still...

20191213-184938.jpg

20191213-185002.jpg

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Well, I may have failed miserably with the Aero 101J BUT suddenly a new challenger appears. I've been wearing this sucker 12 days straight and I don't see switching to anything else any time soon so I'd like to officially enter the Speed Demon for the contest.

This is what it looks like now. Of course, I don't expect it to look any different after 30 months, let alone days but still...

20191213-184938.jpg

20191213-185002.jpg
We’re gonna need some fit pics as proof ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

roadking04

Practically Family
@Monitor, I love the one piece back on your SD. The SD on Lost worlds web site has a split back. Your jacket looks awesome, but I doubt 30 days will add any character to that beast. Looking forward to more pics as the challenge progresses.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

20191213-184938.jpg

20191213-185002.jpg
The back creases are promising, lower back triangle crease already, what have you been doing in it, rowing a canoe across a lake?

willyto

One Too Many
1 year after purchase. I’ve been wearing it indoors without doing anything to it this Autumn. Not so much outside because I am wearing other stuff.

I just wish it was a tad shorter in the front!

Attachments

• 91262AF2-AB88-41E0-B096-78916FB5693C.jpeg
    91262AF2-AB88-41E0-B096-78916FB5693C.jpeg
    1,015 KB · Views: 943

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Day 5 or 6
4Bmr9ol.jpg

KBv1OVa.jpg

A crested bird landed again on my bird house and cawking loudly. Last week a huge "luwak" one that eat and shit coffee beans jumped and climbed down my bird house and got trapped in my house climbing up and down my xmas tree, and being chased by my cat, finally climbed the wall relief decoration and ran up to the roof.
7GVShTQ.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my something new..
Lost Worlds Suburban Russet Horse
View attachment 201145 View attachment 201146 View attachment 201149

This is my 4 try with a LW and i finally figured out I’m a size 46. thanks to @JMax for putting me onto this Lost Worlds in the find and deal thread

I always forget to comment how fantastic the jacket looks on you. Still at my first LW try, 15 or so rainy days in. Remarkably, the jacket is actually beginning to look relatively worn in. I think it'll slow down from here but I didn't expect LW would get this far, this quick. Noteworthy thing is that this is 4oz horsehide after all, according to LW.

Pockets are still unusable how stiff they are.

Anyway, 15 more days to go though I imagine I'll wear it longer than that.

20191219-224658.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Your 4OZ LW is looking a lot more broken in already than my J23 ever did, for me, or any of it's next three owners... :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
lMmwM3G.jpg

12CoMa3.jpg

My day 9. Hope to get some mad sleeve creases from bug spraying, switching arms to get it evenly. Yesterday i believe i got some set in creases from throwing salt at snails, i hate snails theyre disgusting, cant understand some people(not spongebob) consider them as pet .

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nice one, Nick. Whats the leather and what temperatures can you wear this in?

It's CXL steerhide. Not the heaviest sort, but substantial.

Well, it doesn't get colder than the low 40s in SoCal, so I'd estimate anywhere from 40F-70F?

This one's a zip sleeve model without the V-yoke. Previous owner made it a 40 with a 38 waist. Doesnt feel all that different from a regular 38. The one thing I'll say about Highwaymans, is that when it's cool the large sleeve openings do in fact get pretty drafty. For that reason, I'm starting to believe storm cuffs are wise-even here in moderate to warm Southern Cal. I often pull my long sleeve undershirt cuffs out to act as quasi-storm cuffs. Keep forgetting these sleeves can be zipped up!

are you liking your half belt Seb?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It's CXL steerhide. Not the heaviest sort, but substantial.

Well, it doesn't get colder than the low 40s in SoCal, so I'd estimate anywhere from 40F-70F?

This one's a zip sleeve model without the V-yoke. Previous owner made it a 40 with a 38 waist. Doesnt feel all that different from a regular 38. The one thing I'll say about Highwaymans, is that when it's cool the large sleeve openings do in fact get pretty drafty. For that reason, I'm starting to believe storm cuffs are wise-even here in moderate to warm Southern Cal. I often pull my long sleeve undershirt cuffs out to act as quasi-storm cuffs. Keep forgetting these sleeves can be zipped up!

are you liking your half belt Seb?

It looks great, Nick. Yeah, I really like the Vic half-belt. I often have mine hanging on the wall as art. I love looking at the pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21