Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you have a vintage partner? Show us your mate

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
grundie said:
My wife appreciates my love of all things vintage and frequently gets in to the spirit of it and gets dressed up herself. This photo was from our engagement photo shoot. It's not really vintage, but it's the only one I have to hand.

2KVFR.jpg

I'd say it's vintage enough! Just my style: a fedora packin' lady!:eusa_clap

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I met my girlfriend because of vintage clothes. She needed a male model with the right haircut for a foto shooting.
It was the point to get each others attention but not really the main reason why we became a couple. I think that can't be described in words. Some say it's just chemical between people and can't be influenced by such profane things. I don't know.
But it's certainly nice to share a taste and like the same things. Maybe most "normal" people would be irritated by the amount of time and money "we" put into clothes and vintage stuff.

PS: I don't think it is very gentleman-like to write bad about ex-girlfriends in public. However...I hope you will have more luck in the future. :)

Professor

A-List Customer
GlamourDoll said:
I did have a slightly vintage partner. But I am currently back on the market. So if there are any singles in the Az. area, I just relocated.
I had a vintage partner for awhile, a less than ideal experience! I now prefer someone "normal", as while I have an appreciation for vintage, it can be taken to the level of obsession, something I found disturbing.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
My boyfriend is the most camera-shy person I know. The only decent photo I have of us two is this one in our WW2 uniforms (ATS and RAF) that we bought for the Blitz Party:

P1010008.JPG

Funnily enough, when I met him I thought he wasn't very stylish. It turned out I was very wrong :)

davestlouis

Practically Family
My bride is a 2nd grade teacher, and has NO interest in anything retro. I have turned her into a thrift store maven though, for herself and the kids, so at least I'm saving a nickel or two along the way by keeping her out of Dillard's and Macy's.

tuppence

Practically Family
Kate O Potato said:
My boyfriend is the most camera-shy person I know. The only decent photo I have of us two is this one in our WW2 uniforms (ATS and RAF) that we bought for the Blitz Party:

P1010008.JPG

Funnily enough, when I met him I thought he wasn't very stylish. It turned out I was very wrong :)

You guys are so cute and I love your username

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
BK, you and the Mrs do make such a stylish couple!

Here's me and my vintage partner. :)

4395765816_d0bdcd0cfc.jpg

You guys look great, and that is a really perfect moustache. But do you sometimes get just a little annoyed when he runs off in the middle of the night to accompany a certain smart eccentric detective on crime scene investigations?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
reetpleat said:
You guys look great, and that is a really perfect moustache. But do you sometimes get just a little annoyed when he runs off in the middle of the night to accompany a certain smart eccentric detective on crime scene investigations?

I just realised you were probably talking about Sherlock Holmes! :eusa_doh: He actually gets that shouted at him on a regular basis, despite Watson being the one with the 'tache!

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just realised you were probably talking about Sherlock Holmes! :eusa_doh: He actually gets that shouted at him on a regular basis, despite Watson being the one with the 'tache!

Yes, I meant Watson, or more precisely perhaps, as he is portrayed in the latest movie.

I suppose we can at least appreciate people noticing the vintageness of the style, and can forgive them their confusing of watson and holmes. But I am not sure we will forgive them so much for shouting out things in public.

Still, for most of us here, being noticed, in any way, beats not being noticed at all.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
But does anyone out there have a perfect vintage partner? Or perhaps a perfect classic dress partner? Do you share a vintage home? Do you live a vintage lifestyle? or do you just like to get dolled up and hit the town. Does he spend more on hats than you do on dresses? Do people think you are just too cute together?

My vintage partner has recently picked up a number of vintage hats and suits, which so far, exceed my vintage purchases, but I'm catching up;) He has inspired me to make vintage clothes so we can get all dolled up each night of the seven day Noir City festival held in Seattle.

We dont' yet have a picture of us dolled up together, but here's my handsome Mahagonny Bill:
4572742343_ecb69e6590.jpg

JennyLou

Practically Family
Here is my vintage partner and I
photo.php

I meet him at my first living history event last July and I've been stuck with him since and I have a feeling its permanent. He doesn't dress vintage really except when he does WWII reenacting or living history stuff but I still love him.
index.cfm

index.cfm

Thunderbolt

One of the Regulars
Flat Foot Floey said:
I think that can't be described in words. Some say it's just chemical between people and can't be influenced by such profane things. I don't know.

It's school stuff they say. First biology, then chemistry. Then the rest is history.

Thunderbolt

One of the Regulars
Tenuki said:
My vintage partner has recently picked up a number of vintage hats and suits, which so far, exceed my vintage purchases, but I'm catching up;) He has inspired me to make vintage clothes so we can get all dolled up each night of the seven day Noir City festival held in Seattle.

We dont' yet have a picture of us dolled up together, but here's my handsome Mahagonny Bill:
4572742343_ecb69e6590.jpg

When is the seven day Noir City festival? Is it anual? I tried looking it up. No luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran