Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
This 50's (???) Playboy had a $150 BIN, but the seller accepted my best offer. Pictures are not great, but I can't see any moth damage, and I've always wanted an unlined Playboy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281774620912

$_57.JPG

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Thanks gents! Maybe I can escape a full reblock with some steam and a brush, but I might have to swing by and have the good ladies at Paul's hat works spiff this one up.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hey Jared, I used to have a Playboy identical to your new one. It was a very small size 7 and I ended up giving it to a family member. I didn't think the sweatband was up to being stretched to make it fit me.

I've not been very active in ebay for a while, but I couldn't resist this Stagecoach. I was the only bidder, which is always nice.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%202.01.44%20PM-L.png

The Charles 1st style feather thing will be the first to go. I think Joao has a Stagecoach very similar to this one.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I've not been very active in ebay for a while, but I couldn't resist this Stagecoach. I was the only bidder, which is always nice.

The Charles 1st style feather thing will be the first to go. I think Joao has a Stagecoach very similar to this one.

That Stagecoach have been on ebay for long. Was a size 7 right?
I think it's the same ribbon as mine. Same pattern, same color.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I don't know Joao, I hadn't seen it before, but I'd not been looking. It is a size 7, looks to be in very good condition.

Alan - hmm, we'll see. Might be good for at least one selfie :)

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Saw this auction the other night. A vintage Portis measuring 24 1/4? I thought there was no way, and taking the chance that there was a measuring mistake, I picked up this $28 hat. If the hat was really a melon-topper, I figured I could find a big-headed friend here who would want the hat and would give me my money for it.

Got it today, and sure enough, there was a measuring error. Imagine my surprise when I opened the totally-solid sweatband to discover a tag reading 7 1/8. The hat measures closer to 22 1/4 and fits more like a 7 1/4. Trying to decide what to do with the hat now; it fits, albeit snugly, and it's a nice vintage hat, especially at the price.

No telling what you'll get from ol' eBay.

A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24