Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Though I know almost nothing about Dalton, and there's little to learn about the company on the Lounge, this one really appealed to me. I didn't go for it, because the brim is only 2 1/4, but it sure is a nice looking hat.
!BPQt)Sg!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly9hRBJyu3U5-n!~~_1.JPG
722e_1.JPG

Here's the one ad I've got.
Daltonhats.jpg

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
billyspew said:
Dead ringer for my Adam Johnnyphi, the ribbon work should be great with the brim binding being a slightly lighter version of the main ribbon work:
3258214705_95715bd4ae_m.jpg

3258214767_d34474332d_m.jpg

Great. I think I might have bid on that Johnnyphi.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
DoctorJ said:
It finally arrived today!
It's in pretty good shape overall--there are a few small moth bites on the underside, but they're barely noticeable. With only one hundred of these ever produced, this was a steal at $275!

DoubleCrowner.jpg

I really fell for that one. I could see it selling to teenagers who are "truly in love." :D :D :D :D

suitedcboy

One Too Many
J.T.Marcus said:
I really fell for that one. I could see it selling to teenagers who are "truly in love." :D :D :D :D

I figured the hat was made for stylish two-headed men to wear on a date when they weren't on the midway at the circus.

A question for the Brody marked hat with Stetson inner labeling: did Stetson make private label hats?

carter

I'll Lock Up
P1070309.jpg

JT, That Knox is a real beauty. What is/are the actual color(s)? On my monitor the felt is charcoal grey with a burgundy wine colored binding and a purple/blue hue to the ribbon. (If we ever meet for lunch, you have to wear this hat.)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Because only one April fools joke is permitted per day.

Maybe it's like "Free Parking" on Monopoly. Everyone has their own rules. ;)

(I just meant that Paddy put most of the board on notice.)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
P1070309.jpg

JT, That Knox is a real beauty. What is/are the actual color(s)? On my monitor the felt is charcoal grey with a burgundy wine colored binding and a purple/blue hue to the ribbon. (If we ever meet for lunch, you have to wear this hat.)

Add a bluish tint to the charcoal grey, and the colors are pretty much as you stated. :)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
What is this?
ScottF said:
Stetson - Stanford 18

This hat was bought in Palo Alto, very near Stanford, so the imprint on the hatband must refer to the university. Any ideas how old this is?

4c3d_1.jpg

It was obviously a campaign hat (Drill Instructor, Park Ranger, etc.). You can still see the remnants of the original creases. I'd guess 40-50 years old. ROTC or the library at Stanford will probably have photos. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
That is a No. 1 Quality Stetson with (not some, as described by the seller) a lot of moth damage. It does have a very interesting leather band rather than a ribbon. The color and the leather band don't look military. Seems like a lot of money for a hat in this condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy