Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

suitedcboy

One Too Many
1600_1.JPG
[/QUOTE]

A nice Whippet for $51.......I think a hat crime has been committed.

Billy, I will admit that you will have to look great in it, you are fedoraphotogenic.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
If I had known it was you .... you would not have had to pay so much..... or better yet ..
if you had known it was me, I could have had an Open Road!.:D

Awww, Rusty -- I wondered if you might be in the hunt. :eek: In the old days, you used to be able to tell who was who -- but, now, with anonymous bidding, it's just a bunch of letters and numbers bidding...[huh] Will a Sweetwater or two help? :D

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Fantastic, Jim. Love the color.

Thanks, Bob. I think the color looks extremely promising. At the very least, it looks like a beautiful, rich shade of gray. But the photos tend to make me think that there is a real likelihood of some blue in the picture. ;)

Incidentally, the box is pretty cool, as well. It's for a Dobbs Rainbow.

Cheers,
JtL

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Huckel velour, not wool (as the listing said), my size, looked pretty good. Total cost, including shipping, $7.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270382179641

Imagine my surprise, when it arrived in this envelope. By the time it had suffered folding and stuffing (and being trapped that way for a week), it didn't look like the listing. Couldn't be reshaped dry, either.

P1070467.jpg

But, after a good soak, and two days on the full dome stretcher...

P1070470.jpg

it looks like this. (Dark grey, nearly black, velour.)

P1070471.jpg

P1070472.jpg
P1070472copy.jpg

P1070473.jpg

I'm happy. I had frun and got a decent addition to my Czech hat collection, and all for just $7.00. However, if I had been a newcomer to this hobby, I would have been out seven dollars, and would have been unhappy (to say the least).

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
warmentrout said:
P1070470.jpg

it looks like this. (Dark grey, nearly black, velour.)

P1070471.jpg

How do you like that felt ribbon ?

I have a couple of hats with that matching felt ribbon treatment. It's kind of nice for a different look, now and then.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points