Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
... and just see how it looks in the interim.

On its previous owner's head:

cropped30s.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Wow, I would just flat out contact the seller again, and ask them if this has been shipped and for the tracking information for your own records and that you are just concerned for having the item arrive at your front door. No harm in that!

I think I have a target on my back for eBay sellers. My last three buys have gone south.

I finally got a email from on of the sellers that was into the 9th day without shipping hat. said it would be shipped tomorrow and tracking would be posted.

the other two are now open cases with eBay.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GGGGRRRrrrr!

I think I have a target on my back for eBay sellers. My last three buys have gone south.

I finally got a email from on of the sellers that was into the 9th day without shipping hat. said it would be shipped tomorrow and tracking would be posted.

the other two are now open cases with eBay.

Please feel at liberty to post links/divulge seller names. :kick: We, none of us, need that kinda &^%#!

Mystic

Practically Family
Please feel at liberty to post links/divulge seller names. :kick: We, none of us, need that kinda &^%#!

Not quite ready to throw anyone under the bus just yet. I want to see how these issues are going to be resolved.

My first experience with seller issues......and, I get 3 in a row.

Trying to be fair here. Shite happens.....it's not that it happens .....it's what happens after it happens.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Understood. Very good example. Though it seems you have been quite patient

Not quite ready to throw anyone under the bus just yet. I want to see how these issues are going to be resolved.

Trying to be fair here. Shite happens.....it's not that it happens .....it's what happens after it happens.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Lord have mercy, I feel for you. Geez, to date what my household has had going on with eBay has all for the most part, been really decent, except for a rolex that was not working, had a bit of a problem getting a refund/return of money, but the seller eventually made things right.

I hope you will not have any further problems, and that everything works out for you.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab

That's a very sensible attitude. When ebay transactions are concerned, we sometimes forget that there are more serious things to life than the walk to the post office.
Three unlucky transactions in a row are definitely bad luck, though.

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
Dobbs early 1950s 5 3/4" x 2 3/4"

Got this one in January and forgot to post it here. The felt is quite something. Very malleable, medium weight. The pics don't render the color accurately; it's actually a lighter medium grey with a slight greenish undertone and nearly matching ribbon.

Original auction

P1050572.jpg

More pics here in the Dobbs Diner

Rabbit, that is a handsome specimen and a dramatically improved golden-hour photo from that of the auction. Coincidentally, did you see this week the post from a German member who was having trouble discerning and matching a gray Christies that has blue/green in it? It was giving him fits trying to match other grays; we suggested complementary colors and to enjoy it.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Rabbit, that is a handsome specimen and a dramatically improved golden-hour photo from that of the auction. Coincidentally, did you see this week the post from a German member who was having trouble discerning and matching a gray Christies that has blue/green in it? It was giving him fits trying to match other grays; we suggested complementary colors and to enjoy it.

Thanks Ray. Yes, I saw the thread about the gray Christys. I wouldn't have known what to say about it except that it's generally a good thing to rely on one's own judgement regarding colors. Especially so since communicating about colors is still more difficult than training one's eyes to actually see colors properly.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I hit BIN, hit the payment button, and was told I couldn't complete the transaction on this 100. Congrats to the guy who beat me by a couple of seconds.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I hit BIN, hit the payment button, and was told I couldn't complete the transaction on this 100. Congrats to the guy who beat me by a couple of seconds.
Sorry lefty. I'm still trying to find one in a 7 3/8 and figured maybe I could use this one to get there. If you still had that one in 7 3/8 I would trade this one for it in a heartbeat so I had one that fits me.

Destinys Agent

Familiar Face
Yay! I'm a happy bunny. I recieved my eBay purchase this morning:

Knightsbridge_1.jpg
Knightsbridge_2.jpg

The seller didn't say what 'model' the hat was in the description but I liked it. It turned out to be a Christys Knightsbridge. I've been looking at them since I started getting interested in wearing hats but at £75+Delivery, I thought I'd wait until I was sure what size I was and so on. I got this one for £33 inc P&P on eBay UK. I was very pleasently surprised that it was a Knightsbridge but very happy. :D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Sorry lefty. I'm still trying to find one in a 7 3/8 and figured maybe I could use this one to get there. If you still had that one in 7 3/8 I would trade this one for it in a heartbeat so I had one that fits me.

I was after it with the same type of intention - flipping it toward an Optimo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko