Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good leather jacket repairer in Melbourne area?

AdeeC

Practically Family
For our Aussie members. Does anyone know of a good jacket repairer in Melbourne area who understands vintage jackets? Néed to have new knits attached to an original A2 and also some holes repaired on another.
Thanks all.

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Tough one AdeeC. Off the top of my head I would maybe try Mars Leather in Elizabeth St. They used to make their own jackets and may if nothing else, be able to point you in the right direction. Maybe try a Militaria dealer such as IS Wright who are in Ballarat? Melbourne based members Seb Lucas or Shangas might have an idea.

Garry

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yep, Mars has a great history but the previous owners have gone. I understand Lee, one of the machinists now owns the company. He's good. Should be able to replace these without trouble. Perhaps ring or drop in and discuss with him.

AdeeC

Practically Family
I like to thank you all for recommending Mars Leather. They replaced the cuff and waist knits I supplied and a small repair with no problem and also only a few days wait time. Total cost was $AU90 which was very reasonable.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Glad they could help - we've got to support those small artisan businesses. I first walked into that bike leather shop in 33 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran