Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guess What Year I Am!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Lily Powers = Ha! Well, those long tight skirts were in style until 1937 when the a-line came in. The frills and the film stock made me guess '35, too. The location was completely random ;)

My last picture is from 1930. I love it. I love that they are all a little "sloppy" looking. Love the mean little lady in the front, too lol

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ArmoredCarinDesMoines1932-1.jpg

Undertow

Undertow- 1932 - The license plate gives that away. Chicago?

Rats! My edited version (where I dubbed that bit out) escaped me and I accidentally posted the wrong one! Nice catch ECP.
The Good - hey, you were pretty darn close!

Since I screwed that one up, how about this one - it's a curveball:
MrKiyoshiIdetaMinami2023Grand.jpg

Undertow

1944. We had a large flux of Japanese Americans relocated throughout the Midwest during the war. I believe 600 men were moved into Des Moines proper. This man, Mr. Kiyoshi Ideta Minami, purchased that house and boarded a number of Japanese men as they waited for the green light to move back to California. I don't think that house is still standing, but there are many like it in the neighborhood I live in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto