Guess What Year I Am!

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Undertow, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Lily Powers = Ha! Well, those long tight skirts were in style until 1937 when the a-line came in. The frills and the film stock made me guess '35, too. The location was completely random ;)

My last picture is from 1930. I love it. I love that they are all a little "sloppy" looking. Love the mean little lady in the front, too lol

2. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

3. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

Undertow, about 1930? I may be way off. I'm still learning how to date old photographs and suit/hat styles.

4. ecp

ecp New in Town

Undertow- 1932 - The license plate gives that away. Chicago?

5. Undertow

Rats! My edited version (where I dubbed that bit out) escaped me and I accidentally posted the wrong one! Nice catch ECP.
    The Good - hey, you were pretty darn close!

Since I screwed that one up, how about this one - it's a curveball:
    [​IMG]

6. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

2012? That pic could have been taken today one block over from me -- there's a house exactly like that.

7. Undertow

1944. We had a large flux of Japanese Americans relocated throughout the Midwest during the war. I believe 600 men were moved into Des Moines proper. This man, Mr. Kiyoshi Ideta Minami, purchased that house and boarded a number of Japanese men as they waited for the green light to move back to California. I don't think that house is still standing, but there are many like it in the neighborhood I live in.