Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hair products other than dye/shampoo changing hair color?

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
I dye my hair red. Over the last few weeks, I've noticed that the days I use a particular wax in it, it seems even redder (which I love - I'm not complaining!). Just wondering if I'm crazy, or if others have found that products other than shampoos and stuff designed to preserve or enhance color have a noticeable effect.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I've never dyed my hair before, but I have noticed that my hair color will change slightly depending on if I use gel, or mousse, whether or not I use a lot of hair spray, or if I just wash it and let it air dry without using any product at all. Products tend to make my hair look darker, and no product much much lighter.

In other words, no, I don't think you're crazy. ;)

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
When my hair was pink, when I went over my hair with my straighteners it would turn purple for about 10 seconds then fade back to pink. Not long lasting but I thought it was cool!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
i_am_the_scruff said:
When my hair was pink, when I went over my hair with my straighteners it would turn purple for about 10 seconds then fade back to pink. Not long lasting but I thought it was cool!

I have a vintage dress that does that! It turns to pink when I iron it and back to lavendar as it cools. It freaked me out the first time I saw it!

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
I have a vintage dress that does that! It turns to pink when I iron it and back to lavendar as it cools. It freaked me out the first time I saw it!
It's weird isn't it? It freaked out a hairdresser I went to and she called the other girls over to come look. lol

Antje

One Too Many
I know that if I put something on my hair like pomade for shine, the light reflexts better and my hair looks more red.
also when I curl my hair with a curling iron it looks way more red than when I pincurl it

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
i_am_the_scruff said:
It's weird isn't it? It freaked out a hairdresser I went to and she called the other girls over to come look. lol

Hypercolor hair! (Anyone remember those things?)

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
lol Hypercolour Hair (ah, the memories) Right now, I've streaked my hair an almost white-blonde (my childhood hair colour in the summer), but I have noticed that when my hair is happy with my treatment of it, it goes reddish in colour. When it's not happy, it goes blonder in colour (drying out or something, I guess). I'm a natural blonde with bits of all colours in it (yes, even black), although I must admit, there's more grey in there than I'm willing to admit to. :eek:
Never had the guts for different colours, but if I did, I really like some of the blue colours out there...

@ Gingerella - I LOVE your avatar!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran