Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does trouser rack in vintage suitcase work?

azhats

New in Town
I'm brand new here, but I figured this'd be the crowd that could answer a question I have. I recently purchased a small 40's suitcase w/a two-piece metal trouser rack. One bar is hinged at the "bottom" edge of the lid, and swings "down". The other bar is hinged about 2/3rd of the way farther "up" the lid, and swings "out". Does anyone know how to properly fold one's trousers using this rack? My apologies for not having a picture, and I hope my description is sufficient. It seems that the length of the rack dictates a tri-fold of the pants somehow, but I cannot locate any "original" diagrams showing how one would deploy this device.

Though I have long been a collector of hats, ties, watches, and various accoutrements of the 30's - 50's, I confess lack of knowledge on how suitcase trouser racks were employed. I know I'm asking the experts here - thanks in advance for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy