Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It is indeed odd. I'm not a Schott expert but every Schott that I've seen from this era has double welted zips and a double stitch around the shoulder. Not sure if I've seen Schotts with these tags that have the zip sleeves on top. Can you take a full shot of the epaulets?
Epaulets are a weird shape as well.

I found another one exactly like this on etsy

https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/1054317331/vintage-jaren-1950-schott-perfecto

47B96D96-3AEA-4C10-B23A-98C9AA29807E.jpeg

30E44AF1-02DD-4B28-87DD-5DB77C7CD4E4.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
It’s so hard to know with Schott since they changed things up regularly almost every year. I think it’s an older model within the range of that label. Rare. Nice find!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received my Vanson x Butterscotch C2RN after a six month wait. The leather on this thing is wonderful. Butterscotch describes it as “soft deer-tanned cow leather” and that seems to be a pretty apt description. Silky smooth and comfortable right out of the box.
Unfortunately the fit is pretty atrocious on me. It fits perfectly up at the shoulders, but balloons out from there and fits more like a poncho than a perfecto. From reading their size chart the next size down would have been too tight, and I’m sure this is true because the shoulders on my jacket are perfect.
Because this was a custom order, and because I am absolutely in love with the leather, I decided to have this one tailored to fit me. I brought it to my tailor here in Berkeley and he thinks he can make it work, I know from past experience that he is very skilled at working on leather jackets so I have high hopes. I’ll keep you guys posted, however it turns out…

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I received my Vanson x Butterscotch C2RN after a six month wait. The leather on this thing is wonderful. Butterscotch describes it as “soft deer-tanned cow leather” and that seems to be a pretty apt description. Silky smooth and comfortable right out of the box.
Unfortunately the fit is pretty atrocious on me. It fits perfectly up at the shoulders, but balloons out from there and fits more like a poncho than a perfecto. From reading their size chart the next size down would have been too tight, and I’m sure this is true because the shoulders on my jacket are perfect.
Because this was a custom order, and because I am absolutely in love with the leather, I decided to have this one tailored to fit me. I brought it to my tailor here in Berkeley and he thinks he can make it work, I know from past experience that he is very skilled at working on leather jackets so I have high hopes. I’ll keep you guys posted, however it turns out…
Sending it to Vanson might have worked too …

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! That’s a Rymhart Heavy Troyer, 4.9 pounds of virgin wool at XXL, unfortunately they sell within EU only.

Viking752

Practically Family
I have had a self imposed hold on new jackets for over 6 months but I have a serious interest in this one. I had a substantial Polo RL car coat I deeply regret selling 5 years ago. Now this Vanson Model J is calling to me and the voice is getting louder. Yes, I will look like an Irish hitman but sometimes that’s just the way it goes. Anyway, I have not pulled the trigger so to speak but the leather on this one is always what draws me in.

View attachment 458636 View attachment 458637 View attachment 458638
Had a moment of weakness and made a play for the Vanson and wouldn’t you know it, the seller accepted my offer. The drought appears to be over.
A39F35CD-047C-45C4-8560-5C823F39D433.jpeg

I have two from Ralph due over the next two days. I tried this one on in the wrong size at Bloomingdale’s and really liked it. The Sherpa is far more plush than the modern Levi’s stuff (though I do love those too). It’s also a sort of beige/brown (far darker than the pic shows) rather than white.
1EB53A8C-C564-4916-9295-4FE3F90995D2.jpeg

I’m not terribly keen on the flag patch so that will be replaced with this:
F211179D-3CA5-402C-87B2-DE5BE6834A12.jpeg

I may throw a couple more tribal patches on it, just for something different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21